Book Fairs, Library Sales - Dates & Times

Let's continue the great thread from the 'old' boards and share information about Library Sales, Book Fairs
Message 1 of 1,392
Latest reply
1,391 REPLIES 1,391

Exactly, Judy. And they are only books, not worth getting all upset about.
Message 91 of 1,392
Latest reply

oooh Kelly & Judy, you should be at the stampeeds that we have at booksales in Sydney - ruthless people here. It only gains them a couple of mins - not worth queueing up for for the 2 hours that some of them do!!! I lob up just on opening time & still get great stuff.
Message 92 of 1,392
Latest reply

North Adelaide Book Sale

You are invited to attend a sale of secondhand books, which will take place between 10am and 4pm on Sunday the 23rd of August, 2009, at the North Adelaide Community Centre. This is located behind the North Adelaide Public Library, at 176 Tynte Street, North Adelaide (next to the Post Office, and opposite the Daniel O'Connell Hotel).

The venue is AIR CONDITIONED and entry is free, with EFTPOS available to help with payment (American Express, Mastercard and Visa).

On offer will be around 7000 secondhand books - small paperbacks mostly priced 50 cents - $2, larger volumes mostly $2 - $10 - and not many are ex-library books. Theyโ€™ll be sorted & displayed in the following categories ...

FICTION -
Australiana / Crime Fiction / Horror / Literature, Poetry & Plays / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Thriller / War Fiction / Westerns, plus a wide range of general fiction.

TV SCIENCE FICTION -
a considerable number of books relating to Doctor Who, Star Trek and other Cult TV programs, plus associated magazines (Dreamwatch, DWB, Fantasy Empire, Starlog, TV Zone, etc).

NON-FICTION -
Art & Sculpture / Australiana / Cooking & Gardening / Economics / Environment / Family & Health / History & Politics / Movies & TV / New Age & UFOs / Philosophy & Psychology / Reference / Religion / Science & Nature / Sport & Leisure / Theatre & Dance / Travel & Adventure / True Crime / War / Women's Studies.

Many books about MUSIC - classical, jazz, pop & rock - also some sheet music and a large collection of
โ€œRecord Collectorโ€ magazines.

Plus a selection of children's books.
Message 93 of 1,392
Latest reply

cherishbooks
Community Member
I just got back from the Geelong West Rotary Book Fair which is on today, tomorrow and Sunday.

I bought 2 bags of books for $31. Prices were $2 for HC, $1 for SC and 50 cents for children's books.

Entry by gold coin donation.

There books of all genres, fiction and non- fiction, cds, DVDs, magazines.

It wasn't very crowded but I went at 2pm so I don't what it was like this morning. I guess it might be busier tomorrow.

Rob
Message 94 of 1,392
Latest reply

For anyone in Far North Qld

Book Blowout Sale

Book-hounds will gloat over bargains galore to be found at the Cairns Libraries annual book sale this weekend.

Thousands of non-fiction and fiction tomes for children and adults will be offered at great prices at the librariesโ€™ annual Book Blowout.

Manager of Cairns Libraries Kerrie Still said the yearly clearout made way for new purchases across all Cairns Libraries.

โ€œStaff has packed up approximately 20,000 volumes, all in good condition, into 500 boxes for the sale,โ€ Ms Still said.

โ€œStock at the sale is replenished constantly throughout the weekend, from boxes opened randomly, so there are always new titles on the tables.โ€

โ€œThe sale really provides an outstanding on-off opportunity for any book lover to restock their bookshelves, and prices are unbeatable.โ€

Sales from last yearโ€™s Book Blowout totalled more than $20,000 with profits used to purchase new books and materials for Council libraries.

For further information contact Erin Marsterson on 4044 3724.

When: 9am-5pm Friday 14 โ€“Sunday 16 August

Where: Fred Moule Pavilion, Cairns Showgrounds
Message 95 of 1,392
Latest reply

One for Carla!
Message 96 of 1,392
Latest reply

UWA's 2009 book sale will be held at UWAโ€™s Winthrop Hall in the Undercroft. Friday evening 21 August through 26th of August.

6pm tonight ... no more sleeps! ๐Ÿ˜„

Reading books is my superpower

Message 97 of 1,392
Latest reply

laynesmum
Community Member
> 6pm tonight ... no more sleeps! ๐Ÿ˜„

If I can drag myself out of bed I'll see you there (damn lurgy). Might have to wait until tomorrow
Happy hunting :8}
Message 98 of 1,392
Latest reply

I'm quickly checking my mail then I am off ... hope you're feeling better so you can drag yourself out of bed and come ... would be lovely to meet you

Reading books is my superpower

Message 99 of 1,392
Latest reply

Logan North Library
Cnr of Sports Dr & Springwood Rd, Underwood

When: Saturday, 29 August 2009
Time: 9am โ€“ 2pm
Phone 3412 4140 for information

As part of our Sci-Fi & Fantasy Fun Day Finale we are having a mammoth book sale and sausage sizzle to raise funds for the Logan Youth Music Exchange. Come along and find a bargain and support a worthwhile cause!

Nothing priced over $1.00!

Hardcover and Paperback books. Non-Fiction and Fiction.
Junior, Young Adult and Adult books.
Videos, CDs, Cassettes, Magazines and Audio Books.
All items are subject to availability.
Message 100 of 1,392
Latest reply