Book Fairs, Library Sales - Dates & Times

Let's continue the great thread from the 'old' boards and share information about Library Sales, Book Fairs
Message 1 of 1,392
Latest reply
1,391 REPLIES 1,391

Do you mean the Save the Children at UWA in a couple of weeks? I'm planning on going on the Friday night. I take Little Mr 13 with me to both mind and carry the books. ๐Ÿ˜‰
If you go on Friday night I will be the one with various Little Miss and Little Mr bags (If Iโ€™m feeling particularly evil I will make Little Mr 13 carry the bright yellow Little Miss Sunshine one ]:))

Is there a Red Cross one too??
I think the excitement would be too much for me if there was two booksales all in the same month! :^O :^O

Reading books is my superpower

Message 81 of 1,392
Latest reply

laynesmum
Community Member
Oops - my bad. I did mean the Save The Children one. I'm planning on making the trip first thing Friday morn (after dropping off the little darlings at school/daycare).
Poor poor Master 13. If I see him I'll let him have one of my Hannah Montana bags. Might give him a bit of street cred, as opposed to Little Miss Sunshine :^O - does he help with choosing the books too or just the carrier?
I know last years they halfed the prices on the last day - is that a normal thing to do (still kind of new to all of this)?
Amanda
Message 82 of 1,392
Latest reply

Last year Friday was 6pm start ... have they adjusted the time for this year? I haven't seen any times on their adverts yet just dates.

One of the market sellers I talk to told me that they only go on the last day because they are half price, but Iโ€™ve never been able to make it on the last day.

Little Mr 13 is very good at choosing books he is interested in. He sometimes forgets that heโ€™s supposed to be shopping for me as well and leaves behind the ones heโ€™s already read!

I think he would be mortified to have to hold a Hannah Montana bag!

Message 83 of 1,392
Latest reply

laynesmum
Community Member
Ha ha - I won't suggest the HM bag then ๐Ÿ™‚

I had just assumed it started early - last year I went to the one out at Cannington and just by coincedence it was the last day (half price woohoo). Sent hubby home to get more bags and then asked him to take the darlings over to HJ's until I'd finished. Was there for HOURS.

Thanks for the heads up about the times tho. I would have been lined up out the front at 9am waiting waiting waiting, with my HM bags until they opened the doors at 6. How funny would that have been??? Can't wait tho

Cheers
Message 84 of 1,392
Latest reply

laynesmum
Community Member
The sale this year will be held from Friday 22 August โ€“ Wednesday 27 August.

Opening times:

Friday: 6.00 pm - 9.30 pm

Saturday: 8.00 am โ€“ 5.00 pm

Sunday:9.30 am โ€“ 5.00 pm

Monday, Tuesday: 9.30 am โ€“ 6.30 pm

Wednesday: 9.30 am โ€“ 1.00pm
Message 85 of 1,392
Latest reply

I got there at 5 last year thinking I would be early *ha ha falls over laughing* we still had to wait in line until 6.30 before we got in.

They hold the Cannington one a few weeks after this one (usually) but I haven't seen the dates for it yet.

Message 86 of 1,392
Latest reply

I was first to a book sale a few weeks ago and as they were all organised they let people in straight away, 30 minutes before advertised start time. ๐Ÿ˜„ Well! You should have heard one man going off - clearly a reseller and he was NOT happy. The early bird catches the worm (or politely takes the books ๐Ÿ˜‰ )
Message 87 of 1,392
Latest reply

:^O

Message 88 of 1,392
Latest reply

cherishbooks
Community Member
Hehe goodonya Kelly.
Message 89 of 1,392
Latest reply

Good for the organisers, and well done getting there early Kelly. I don't 'get' that kind of mentality. Do people like that really think they're going to snap up every single gem in the place? You can only be in one place at once, and you can't be an expert on everything.
Message 90 of 1,392
Latest reply