Associated wrong tracking number

I had several listings at once and posted them off in the one day.  I incorrectly typed in a tracking number for one parcel, saved, realised my error, and changed it with the minute.  When I attempted to add that number to the correct parcel for tracking - ebay claims it is already in use with another of my listings.  The package was delivered days ago, and despite asking the reciever to manually confirm delivery -  he will not reply.

I paid extra postage beyond what the bidder provided to ensure funds could be paid out quickly, and now it seems like I'm going to be out of pockets for the item, shipping, and ebay fees.

Any suggestions?  The autobot has been no assistance what-so-ever.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

pnc75
Community Member

If you go to Ap website and submit the tracking number it will verify delivery.  here is the link. 

https://auspost.com.au/mypost/beta/track/search

I agree that It's a nuisance that you can't rectify it on ebay, as it's very easy to put the wrong tracking number. has happened to me a couple of times . 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@dct19501996 wrote:

I had several listings at once and posted them off in the one day.  I incorrectly typed in a tracking number for one parcel, saved, realised my error, and changed it with the minute.  When I attempted to add that number to the correct parcel for tracking - ebay claims it is already in use with another of my listings.  The package was delivered days ago, and despite asking the reciever to manually confirm delivery -  he will not reply.

I paid extra postage beyond what the bidder provided to ensure funds could be paid out quickly, and now it seems like I'm going to be out of pockets for the item, shipping, and ebay fees.

Any suggestions?  The autobot has been no assistance what-so-ever.

Why did you pay extra postage? You are an infrequent seller, your funds are still going to be on hold for 30 days, regardless of how the item was sent.

As for being out of pocket for the item, shipping and ebay fees, why do you think that? Has the buyer opened a dispute? If not, then stop contacting them. Leave them alone. You aren't going to lose anything. If you keep harassing them, they may then decide to pish you off by opening a dispute. Let sleeping dogs lie. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply