I can no longer reply to ebay customer questions from my gmail account or outlook.

For years I have been replying to my ebay customer questions directly from my gmail account or Outlook. Since 29th June 2017 I can no longer send replys from either of these and have to reply directly through ebay messages.  in contacting Ebay they say there is no problem and it must be a server issue. this is rubbish because Ive tried to reply from home and work computers as well as from my ipohne and ipad. nothing works. any help or suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I can no longer reply to ebay customer questions from my gmail account or outlook.

I haven't been able to reply that way for several years. If I do, it sends a blank message. I've only been able to reply via eBay messages. Maybe you missed being cut off from that way of communicating until now?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply but according to Ebay they allow responces to customer questions to be done directly from gmail or outlook. following is a reply to our initial inquiry direclyly from ebay. as you will read they say they dont have an issue.

Our Technical Team has confirmed that your buyers should be able to receive your response for their questions as we don't have any technical issues on the site for messages that are sent directly from your personal mail. Also, I have replicated the issue by asking a question to one of my colleagues using our personal eBay accounts and she responded the same way you're doing it and the emails are coming through to our accounts which confirms that everything is working well.

This said, it's best if you can advise your buyer to contact their email provider to verify why the emails aren't available on their account and for you to check your email sent box as well to verify your response for their question.

Thanks for choosing eBay.

Regards,

Clint L.

eBay Concierge

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Please use the same account when you start a thread as it can get confusing when you use multiples!

I would bet that if you rang ebay, you'd get a different response to the one you got when you emailed. Most email replies are cut and paste computer generated answers that they get from punching in a few keywords. A lot of the time they have no bearing whatsoever on your problem, so at least you got something resembling your issue.

I'm out of ideas then. As I said, I've not been able to reply using my Outlook for several years. Nothing to do with providers or email clients, one day I could do it, then next I was getting complaints that i was sending blank messages. Someone else might have some ideas. I'd certainly like to be able to reply that way again. It's a pest having to go into my ebay messages to reply.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

It all seems to be part of the pick up system where they think that if a seller replies via their Email account

then it leaves it open for them to deal outside of eBay.

I used to be able to reply via my Email account but ever since I sold a pick up item earlier this year I can only

reply via eBay messages.

Basically they don't trust sellers so they've shut a door which could possibly cost eBay money.

Customer support is useless and they wouldn't be told that a change had happened so that eBay can keep

everyone in the dark.

I've been deleting the eBay messages that come to my Email account and then replying via my eBay

messages,(which of course takes longer as you have to remember and then see the message to reply to it).

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply