Sellers not posting to PO Boxes

Why doesnt Ebay warn buyers a seller will not post to a PO box?

You only find out AFTER you have agreed to buy the item then you have to fight to get order cancelled.

The listing should clearly state that the seller doesnt post to PO Boxes as it is a term of the contract.

The present system where you only find out that the seller wont post to you after you buy the item is NOT user friendly at all and NOT full disclosure by Ebay.

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

I believe, if you use the cart, the transaction won't complete if you have an address the seller doesn't post to.

Message 2 of 49
Latest reply

I beliewve it is only Australia Post that can deliver to Post Boxes, other carriers cannot.  The listing should indicate under "Postage and payments" whether they are sending via Australia Post.

Message 3 of 49
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you look under the Postage and Payments tab it will tell you if the seller posts to a PO Box or not.

Message 4 of 49
Latest reply

I think you will find that it is an Ebay policy not to accept PO Box addresses. It does make it awkward when your only pastal address is a PO box.

Message 5 of 49
Latest reply

It is not an ebay policy.....sellers can accept any address that they are comfortable with.

I would say the majority will accept a PO Box.

Sellers who use a courier cannot send to a PO Box and a lot of overseas sellers will not send to them.

Message 6 of 49
Latest reply

@keithv71 wrote:

I think you will find that it is an Ebay policy not to accept PO Box addresses. It does make it awkward when your only pastal address is a PO box.

Which would explain why I only use a PO Box address and have never had a problem.

As Lyndal said - it is a seller-selected option to block them. Unfortunately eBay DO discourage them, as in the centre of the universe USA a PO box doesn't require the proof of identity which Australia does. Which means the rest of the world is the same....

Plus the bit about couriers.

Message 7 of 49
Latest reply

I have had NO problems sending items purchased in Australia (I live in Australia) to a PO Box. One has to understand this is a big land mass(Australia). Some clients(I sell stamps) live on inland properties of many thousands of acres. This is where Feedbck ratings are most important, a client buys with a PO BOX number, has a 100% Feedback rating, I take the risk, and as yet no drama.

Sam

Message 8 of 49
Latest reply

@aquacove wrote:

You only find out AFTER you have agreed to buy the item then you have to fight to get order cancelled.

The listing should clearly state that the seller doesnt post to PO Boxes as it is a term of the contract.

The present system where you only find out that the seller wont post to you after you buy the item is NOT user friendly at all and NOT full disclosure by Ebay.

I can't imagine anything safer than a PO box when it comes to sending items via post.

One scenario I can think of where items don't get sent to PO boxes is via the horrid and expensive Global Shipping / Pitney Bowes thing. Is this the scenario?

Message 9 of 49
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

@aquacove wrote:

I can't imagine anything safer than a PO box when it comes to sending items via post.

One scenario I can think of where items don't get sent to PO boxes is via the horrid and expensive Global Shipping / Pitney Bowes thing. Is this the scenario?

There are plenty of scenarios whereby sellers don't send to PO boxes. Of course you had the throw the GSP into it. You know why they don't deliver to PO? Because as mentioned above, sending via a courier means it can't be delivered to a PO box. Guess what? Pitney Bowes sends via courier. Who'd have thought it eh?

Message 10 of 49
Latest reply