Autumn 2018 Seller Update

Hi everyone,

This is the place to post your questions and comments about our Autumn 2018 Seller Update.

Regards,

The eBay for business team

Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

It is so charming how ebay do everything possible to protect scammers and consider every seller is a liar 

No questions asked to buyers

Sellers are immediately thumped, even with proof the buyer is lying their backside off

Ask about it, and ebay deny it, question what you mean and want you to contact them privately because they refuse to acknowledge or admit to anything on these boards 

Message 11 of 57
Latest reply

If your seller level is not Below Standard, you will not be affected by the additional fee. Make sure you continue to track your seller performance level in your seller performance dashboard to avoid your seller level falling Below Standard.
Message 12 of 57
Latest reply

Thanks Twyn.

This is what I received - 

To protect our buyers and the customer experience, starting 4 April, sellers who fall Below Standards will incur an additional fee of 2% on Final Value Fees. Sellers who remain Above Standard or are Top Rated will not be affected by this change.

image host
Message 13 of 57
Latest reply

Part of the new User Agreement states:

Sellers whose level is Below Standard will be charged an additional 2% in Final Value Fees at the time the item sells. For example, a Final Value Fee would increase from 8% to 12%.

How does an increase of 8% to 12% manage to be 2%??? And who pays an 8% FVF anyway?

Message 14 of 57
Latest reply

Ties in with them giving buyers an even wider scope to scam, and when a seller's level drops due to said scams, ebay will again punish the seller based on the dishonest actions and claims of the scammer

Message 15 of 57
Latest reply

@egglesdtpwrote:

Part of the new User Agreement states:

Sellers whose level is Below Standard will be charged an additional 2% in Final Value Fees at the time the item sells. For example, a Final Value Fee would increase from 8% to 12%.

How does an increase of 8% to 12% manage to be 2%??? And who pays an 8% FVF anyway?

I'm guessing they are including some stores that pay a lower FVF.

My take would be anyone paying 8-10% will have a 2% increase to a max of 12%.

image host
Message 16 of 57
Latest reply

hard to know what they're thinking.....do they want everyone to fall 'below standard' to increase their revenue?...or everyone to be 'above standard' giving 'credibility' to the site?

Time will tell
Message 17 of 57
Latest reply

To protect our buyers and the customer experience, starting 4 April, sellers who fall Below Standards will incur an additional fee of 2% on Final Value Fees. Sellers who remain Above Standard or are Top Rated will not be affected by this change.

I'd like them to explain how charging sellers more protects buyers and/or their experience.

Given it is postfacto and the buyer won't know anything about it.

Message 18 of 57
Latest reply

Aka

We at ebay have discovered another way of making $$$ that we had over-looked until now

Message 19 of 57
Latest reply

First few words say it all for me ..

To protect our buyers and the customer experience

Dont worry about us muggins sellers we dont count. 

Message 20 of 57
Latest reply