Ebays announcment call Intermediation of Payments

flyoz
Community Member

I just received an email from Ebay tating they were essentially taking over payments and placing themselves squarly in the middle of all transactions. They will use Adyen some payments mob Ive never heard oI dont care much for this type of draconian control which is similar to other large operations such as Micrrosoft. Who decided they will do as they please "all for our benefit"

Paypal will still apparrently remain an option till 2021.

Well, my stand is I dont like being diictated to or feel coerced to use thier method and certainly wont use their decided payment method.

If a seller demands I use Adyen I wont buy from that seller and if Ebay forces me to provide any private financials for Adyen I wont give it

and wont sell via Ebay.  I feel sorry for med- large Ebay sellers who now have to roll over for Ebay or risk losing their business.

Ebay states its their way or the highway to sellers.

I and most can live without Ebay, but  Ebay cant live without us and I find it obbscene that they who have existed and grown on the good faith and hard work of others now try this **bleep** on.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is already a thread about this and it appears that the new system is only being introduced on the US site and will not be fully rolled out till 2021 so I doubt that paypal will be phased out even in the USA but certainly not here in Australia where the new system will not even be in operation.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

the email comes from the head of ebay aus and nz so it will affect us. Although not sure of them forcing this as a sole payment as they know what happened last time when they tried to use Paypal (which is well was an ebay company) as the only payment accepted.

It will prob be the preferred method of choice for ebay.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Sorry Guys i didnt see the other thread. Yes it will be across Ebay worldwide. I guess Im a bit jumpy as this year already a few mega corps just rolled out massive changes with the attitude this is whats happening and too bad. Microsoft was one with its recent huge Windows 10 update.

I think its the Trump like influence of we are always right and can do anything we want comming through the USA corp/govt mentallity.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Yeah , Probably right , My question is WHY ?

They owned Paypal and forced us into it years ago , then sold it .

Now they want to change the Goal Posts yet again ??????

Anyway im not getting worked up over it , will suck it and see in time I guess.

Ive used Paypal since 2002 , and never had any REAL WORLD problems with it and overall very happy with it , even though I didnt want to be forced into it in the 1st place its been great and increased my sales worldwide.

Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply