I can't get a clear indication from eBay as to what is excluded from the latest $15 voucher giveaway

I can't get a clear indication from eBay as to what is excluded from the latest $15 voucher giveaway (eBay.com.au) As i'm mostly interested in electronic components I don't have much more that I can apply the voucher too. it would sure help to know what can and can't be purchased with the voucher and whether there are any hidden barriers in palce as well such as minimum order value.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I can't get a clear indication from eBay as to what is excluded from the latest $15 voucher giveaway

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Have you read the Terms and Conditions of the Voucher?

They are very explicit as to what it can not be used for.   It will also tell you if it is for certain sellers.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Click on the Terms and Conditions.

I often try it on a listing that requires Immediate payment in the same category then I can see if it applies before purchasing.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Actually the voucher is quite unclear and somewhat ambiguous.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Tried that with a lot of different products and the voucher wouln't work for any of them.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

These are the 'T&Cs'

Eligible Products’ means all brand new, fixed price items listed on eBay.com.au excluding;

• all items listed in the following categories:
    • Cars, Bikes, Boats (9800)
    • Coins (11116)
    • Gift Cards (172009 & 184609)
    • Other Lots More Items (88433)
    • Real Estate (10542)
    • Services (316)
    • Tickets, Travel (11730)

I don't know how broadly "Other Lots More Items" affects the kind of electronic components i usually buy, but nothing else i try seems to work either.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

That is a very rough view of the terms and conditions that are normally displayed.....that is telling you what is excluded.

Judging by T & C of other offers it would seem to me that the offer applies to all categories, except those specified.

However you need to read the whole offer............

When did it start,

When did it end,

Is there a spending limit, either an upper or lower amount that has to be spent.

Is there a limit on the amount of the discount.

How many times can the offer be used......$ vouchers are usually one use, % discounts are often available for more than one use.

In view of the length of time since you asked the question I suspect your voucher may have expired.....some of them only last a few hours or days.  The longest I have even seen was for 30 days but they are very few and far between.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply