eBay Spring Seller Release

The place to post your comments or questions about Spring Seller Release.

Message 1 of 64
Latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Maybe you should list as pick up only. (Classified listings)

And just accept cash on pick up.

image host
Message 11 of 64
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Ok,step by step.

Number 1, eBay Guarenteed Delivery:

eBay Guaranted Delivery will provide buyers with an improved delivery experience. From early 2018, this program will increase buyerโ€™s confidence and visibility about when their eBay orders will be delivered.

Not interested as I live in the country and can't guarentee delivery because Australia Post delivers my items.

Negative for me,(possible less visability or none if buyers search using the new "filters").

Number 2,New Postage Rate Tables:

Using Postage Rate Tables is a requirement to participate for eBayโ€™s Guaranteed Delivery programme.  Participating sellers in this programme can benefit from higher visibility, increase in conversion, and possible inclusion in eBayโ€™s marketing campaigns.

I'll stick with what I have.

Number 3,New Label Printing Solutions:

Launching in the coming months, weโ€™ll be offering you a multi-carrier label printing solution. Youโ€™ll be able to easily print multiple shipping labels for your eBay orders with access to multiple shipping carriers and exclusive discounts for eBay sellers.

This is perfect for their returns policy so that labels for other postage options can be printed,(I'll stick with

AP as I don't really have any other option).

Number 4,Simplfying Your Returns:

Weโ€™re streamlining our return options to help you manage your business more easily on eBay. As returns is an important factor for buyers when purchasing online, read our updates and follow our tips for best in class returns.

Not interested,tease.gif

Number 5,Structured Data Updates: 

Weโ€™re improving the shopping experience for you and your buyers. To ensure weโ€™re promoting a healthier, cleaner, and more successful marketplace for all, weโ€™ve made to updates to our Product Identifiers and Bundle and Lots listings.

That that might have some benefit,(but went to what categories are allowed in bundle listings and Movies isn't

included,(you can have 2 sports bags in the sports category but you can't bundle in Movies),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

In the long run it could be even less visability,(which I din't think was possible) and more work involved to

check that listings meet al the correct "data" inputs,Corny_cleaning-glasses.gif

Message 12 of 64
Latest reply

and don't forget this one:

Inactive listings policy:

To maintain the health of the marketplace, weโ€™ve introduced a new inactive listings policy. You may be required to limit the amount of your listings, remove inactive listings that havenโ€™t had, or are unlikely to have, any sales in 12 months, or be required to pay maintenance fees for listings which arenโ€™t removed.

Weโ€™ll reach out to you if you are impacted by this policy

Message 13 of 64
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

For anyone interested,(this is the Spring Seller Release that this post is all about):

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/SR17-2/Spring-2017-Seller-Release

Message 14 of 64
Latest reply

The heading should say: Spring Seller Release thoughts,blush-1.gif

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/SR17-2/Spring-2017-Seller-Release

Message 15 of 64
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

and don't forget this one:

Inactive listings policy:

To maintain the health of the marketplace, weโ€™ve introduced a new inactive listings policy. You may be required to limit the amount of your listings, remove inactive listings that havenโ€™t had, or are unlikely to have, any sales in 12 months, or be required to pay maintenance fees for listings which arenโ€™t removed.

Weโ€™ll reach out to you if you are impacted by this policy

That's actually part of the new eBay user agreement policy.

Message 16 of 64
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member
  • Weโ€™ve made it clearer how we address attempts to bypass our Offers to buy or sell outside eBay and Member-to-member contact policies.

•  

Sellers that breach these policies may be charged final value fees for the item. We may also scan and block member-to-member messages sent through our platform to prevent fraud or violations of our policies.

•  

• From March 2018, you wonโ€™t be allowed to include watermarks on pictures and you should begin removing watermarks now to comply with the change.

•  

• Weโ€™re introducing a new inactive listings policy. You may be required to limit the amount of your listings, remove listings that are considered inactive, or be required to pay maintenance fees for listings which arenโ€™t removed.

•  

• Weโ€™ve clarified that we may use credits on your account to pay for outstanding fees or eBay Money Back Guarantee claims, and you authorise us to do so.

•  

• If you use our product catalogue information in your listing, we may update this information in your listing when we update our catalogue.

•  

• Weโ€™ve simplified the terms for selling internationally so that you are no longer required to enter into a separate International Selling Agreement. Before selling internationally, you should review the changes to the User Agreement and International Trading Policy.

•  

• Weโ€™ll notify you of any material amendments to our User Agreement through eBay Messages (in My eBay) or directly to the email address linked to your account.

•  

• Weโ€™ve made some changes to our company structure that are reflected in the

• eBay entities you are contracting with when using eBay.

Message 17 of 64
Latest reply

Thank goodness I will probably be giving up selling by the end of March.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 18 of 64
Latest reply

Simple - don't accept change of mind returns. Or if you do, stipulate that the buyer has to pay return postage. On second thoughts, that probably wouldn't be a good idea. So just don't accept change of mind returns.

Message 19 of 64
Latest reply

Have you seen the proposed update to the sellers policy guidelines?

I browsed briefly through the email i got today....

QUOTE: The key update to the eBay User Agreement is that we've made it clearer how we address violations of our policy on Offers to buy or sell outside eBay.  Sellers who violate this policy may be charged a final value fee for the applicable item.

(Effective 25th October 2017)

So, in an attempt to crack down on *selling off eBay*, they will now charge fees   (if you are caught I assume... but we all know eBay well enough that they will only need a suspicion)

Hmmmmm.....
Question:  how can they absolutely police this type of sale/selling??

As long as a seller has paid the listing fee, there's no legal Australian Law saying that once an item is listed on eBay, the sale must legally take place via eBay...  I would imagine that the eBay selling guidelines are towing a fine line, legally, if this is true, and happens. FEES FEES FEES......!!!!

Surely, sellers are open to list their sales via many different mediums at once (FB, eBay, tele classifieds, Free Trader etc etc)

Anyway, a sale is never truly binding as we've noticed time and time again here on eBay!  Many UPI disputes finding their way to the boards.... so how can they charge a seller a FVF for a sale that may have been listed, but never occurred via eBay?

It wont affect me, I refuse to sell on eBay ever since they upped their FVF, fees on postage, PayPal fees, now a fee if the sale is finalised off eBay.....  eGod forbid!! , but it will affect some I'm sure.

Talk about dictatorship!

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 20 of 64
Latest reply