information on Matt & Amanda Clarkson Ebay magic course

Hey everyone 
Id like to know if anyone has had the pleasure or displeasure of dealing with the CLARKSONS 

EBAY MAGIC FAME 

It seems a little weird but if you have the course have brought the course or thinking of it could you please help me out 

any info would be good be honest be bould or blunt 

let me know 

regards 

John

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: information on Matt & Amanda Clarkson Ebay magic Course

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You get no more information than you can find by reading the Help pages and Site Map here on ebay.

Google is your friend...you will probably find more honest appraisals than I would be brave enough to post here.

Message 2 of 52
Latest reply

Hi, I have been to a couple of their free seminars. They were very knowledgeable and generous in sharing some of their experiences for free. However, although many people in the room did sign up for the course afterwards, I did not feel compelled to do so myself. These are the reasons why:

• Although they are always updating their course, eBay tends to change faster than the printed materials can. I noticed a number of things that were a little outdated, even in their free presentation.
  • I am a small-time seller who will never get rich from my type of store. Matt & Amanda's course is really for those who have the drive to make it huge on eBay. Your type of store has this potential 🙂
  • I believe in learning by doing. I paid a $19.95 store fee for 18 months before ever listing an item. I was doing heaps of research (which did actually save me from making heaps of costly mistakes), but once I started, that's when the real learning began. I suspected I wouldn't have the time to do the course, as well as run a store, and I was right (with my type of store anyway). I have 80 free listings a month and I don't have time to fill it (although I have 100's of past product listings). This is because my items aren't 'pick and send' (wish they were sometimes--so many time wasters are attracted to my store *sigh*)
  • The best way to learn on eBay is through these forums. There are very experienced sellers who are extremely generous with their time and knowledge, and it doesn't cost a cent! I learned heaps in the beginning from the eBay chat reps too. I haven't needed to do this once since discovering the forums.
  • The course is quite costly and I thought it would be better to put that money into my monthly store costs. Lucky decision! Two weeks later, eBay raised the basic store cost to $49.95 or something like that. They were hard times for a small store like mine before the store fee was reduced again.

Anyway, hope this helps. You need to do what you think is best for your growth and success 🙂 I am still considering going to the Gold Coast for their 2-day seminar in the future.

Message 3 of 52
Latest reply

If you are serious about building your eBay business, I would higly recommend it.

From expreience you'll get more from a 2 day seminar, that will help you up and running quickly with ideas

and goals on how to best set it up business from start go vs spending a few years learning it later on and wasting

a lot of time in the process.

Message 4 of 52
Latest reply

I don't know anything about the seminars but wanted to mention a thought.

Generally, personal experience is the best teacher.

Getting in there and researching potential products to sell, try a few different things and as said many very helpful people on these forums.

I find my own hands on approach helps to define the path I hope to be on, rather than listening to someone elses success.

No doubt there may be some good tips but 5000 is a lot of money. (google some of the forums on people that have attended) 

image host
Message 5 of 52
Latest reply

what's their eBay ID, how well do their systems work in reality ?

Message 6 of 52
Latest reply

Very Good question.   bidding(sound a bee makes)

3 listings and they appear only to sell their own books.

Feedback is a little low for 6 years on ebay.

I have found too many comments in forums expression their opinion by googling. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 7 of 52
Latest reply

New 4KG Medicine Ball Gym Fitness Exercise Core RRP$49

Message 8 of 52
Latest reply

Their course is well worth doing. I got a lot out of it.

Message 9 of 52
Latest reply

I went to one of their seminars in Gold Coast- some good info ( esp for newbies ) but not worth $4000 odd.....no way

Be careful, their presentation/s are designed to get people to the sales tables and there is somewhat of a 'groupthink' atmosphere...herd mentality in play.......the fear of missing out.....luckily i resisted......and i am glad i did

I would recommend learn from the experienced ebayers on discussion boards, do research, buy small samples to see if what ( from completed listings ) seems to sell well, then see if you can fit into that niche...at a good price per item...

Use worldwide brands, salehoo, terapeak etc......lots of research

So, maybe get the 'free stuff' from them but be careful - the money you spend on their course ( if that is what you choose to do ) might be better spent on buying stock.....

regards, physiologist1

Message 10 of 52
Latest reply