Adani, can we trust them?

Adani executive Lucas Dow talks up bigger coal mine in leaked video at LNP fundraising event

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-19/adani-leaked-video-ceo-lucas-dow-at-qld-lnp-fundraiser/120500...

or trust the LNP?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

No, not in this case.

There has been too much misinformation floating around about Adani for far too long to make anything they say believable.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I would rather trust a rabid dog with a rattlesnake attach to his/her tail 

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I have the impression that people operating Proprietary Limited companies can not have their personal assets like houses seized to recover liabilies in the event of any criminal actions leading to conviction or prosecution such as deception or result of lawsuits relating to negligence causing harm and loss etc hence , individuals complient to worst case human nature, consider less incentive to abid by the law , the letter of the law or general ethics when in pursuit of status, career advancement , successful venture , gross higher profits , excercising of power, smug influence against Govt , euphoric distain for people, culture and environment.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

The Director/s of a Pty Ltd company can be held liable for any and all liabilities of the company.  All assets can be taken except for Superannuation.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Adani is Indian, and the owner is a crook.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

The Director/s of a Pty Ltd company can be held liable for any and all liabilities of the company.  All assets can be taken except for Superannuation.

Is that privately owned assets ? I must have been thinking share holders 

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Consider what is done in their own country 

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@rogespeed wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

Indeed, which is why I'm bemused that you would bring Australian companies' liabilities into the discussion.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

Indeed, which is why I'm bemused that you would bring Australian companies' liabilities into the discussion.

No , i was discussing how inclined some senior management might cover up or fabricate facts in order to progress their objectives , being more inclined I thought mistakenly due to not being personally liable to the extent of their personal assets  subject to seizure from litigation. ( I was corrected on this detail - for a P/L company is the share holder's with limited liability )  

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply