Comedians and Hecklers

This week my son and I have been out and about for the Sydney Comedy Festival and nearly every show was spoiled by some person or 2 in the audience who thinks s/he is funnier than the guys on stage.

What kind of personality does this? At one show, even the audience got stroppy and started telling this one woman off but that didn't even stop her.

I don't get it.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Comedians and Hecklers

If you dont want to be put down in a big way--never heckle-

Rodney Rude or Kevin blaardy Wilson on stage--seen it happen.................Richo.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Comedians and Hecklers

Well if someone like Geraldine Knight got up and thought it was funny to call the PM a can't, I'd be heckling too. Specially if I had a child with me.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Comedians and Hecklers

If you didn't want a child subjected to profanity then why the hell would you take them to a comedy festival?

Joono
Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Comedians and Hecklers

In most cases the hecklers are planted to give the comedian extra material 🙂

Old trick

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Comedians and Hecklers

Why does comedy need to be accompanied by profanity to make an audience laugh ?

Is the world so jaded that it is necessary ?

Obviously for some it is!

Sad really

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Comedians and Hecklers

Well good luck telling Billy Connolly or in the past Robin Williams to leave out the f word.

Obviously they can be funny without the swearing for tv, but at a comedy festival or during a stand up comedy act it is part and parcel. 

Joono
Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Comedians and Hecklers

Here ya go Queenie:)

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Comedians and Hecklers

Joono
Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Comedians and Hecklers

@j*oono wrote:

If you didn't want a child subjected to profanity then why the hell would you take them to a comedy festival?

Don't know. Why would you, Joono?

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply