Privacy Concerns- eBay not compliant with the Surveillance Devices Act 2007 - NSW Legislation

mechkka
Community Member

It has came to my attention by experience that eBay's customer service call center will record your phone calls despite you clearly advising against it at the start of the phone call.

The excuse given to me was along the lines to not worry as its only going to be shared amongst eBay staff / managers..

It would be interesting when and if the the media and acting government authority bodies get a hang of this for the non compliance to our legal binding legislation. 

*Note:

In New South Wales, the "Surveillance Devices Act 2007 - NSW Legislation" prohibits the recording of audio conversations without the consent of all parties.

Next time you speak to CSA ask if you can record them for your own traceability and record keeping in the matter raised  and see them bluntly refuse and ask them why they are recording it in the backscene without your authority …

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Issue raised with eBay (on the Aus Hotline) on the very same phone call when this became apparent but apparently they are not aware of such thing and that this needs to be dealt with the Australian Team who are yet to clarify the situation...

Happy to hear thoughts of other fellow eBay customers in NSW, Australia on the matter. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

I'm in NSW.

My thoughts.

Much ado about nothing.

I don't understand why anyone would need to call eBay... particularly a buyer.