The cat module has had the decorators in. 🙂

It is screwed down on concrete which can be very cold as that side of the house gets the morning sun only.  That also means if it rains concrete not under the eaves can stay wet for much longer, so my cat likes to sit on the lowest wood platform when that happens.  Yesterday the concrete was covered with a large piece of fake grass.  It looks 100% better, especially as the module's platforms are the same green colour.

Next I added a tallish fake indoor plant in a thick stone look plastic pot.  The old plant is very dusty but it has been put where with any luck the next rainy day will solve that problem then all the water will drain out. 😉  So it doesn't get knocked over, the pot has been weighted down and the main stem of the plant has been loosely tied to the module frame.  There's a practical reason for adding this plant.  Cats when challenging an interloper like to stand eye to eye.  My cat can do this but she also now has the option to partially hiding behind the plant if she doesn't feel secure.  She is of course completely secure, but if another cat lunges at her and at the cage it would make quite a scary racket.

After a few hours of looking at the fake grass from the window, that night she finally took the plunge and went outside.  It has met with her approval.  This morning she was not on the lowest platform but on the grass in what would have been the coldest and wettest part of the concrete.  By this afternoon she had discovered fake grass makes an effective (not to mention large) claws scratching board.

Unfortunately this means I will now have to call the decorators back.  The fake grass will need some old bricks or pavers placed along the edges so the grass stays in place, as I can just imagine her choosing to exercise her claws on a corner of the grass only to have it pulled up into messy ripples.