Buyer remorse and using the excuse item not new when advertised as used???

So wife sold some USED boots from Australia to America.

Buyer wanted to return and  said they were not new and not as described.

Ebay USA found in favor of buyer and refunded even after stating in email from Ebay AUS that after reviewing the case it is obviously buyer remorse.

How??

So now we are out of pocket and dont have the boots back.

How can Ebay possibly find in the favor of the buyer?

We are just totally shellshocked!

I might add my wife is a power seller with 100 percent feedback and im a huge buyer so we have been around ebay for years.

Im asking this instead of my wife as she is too upset at the treatment from ebay and this buyer.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I would be calling eBay even if it means putting in 10 calls to get some satisfaction.

Citing their own email and showing clearly the item was sold as used NOT new.

Sometimes it takes some determination to get the facts through to the right person.

When you call, request a call back, those reps can be a little better.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for that.

Yes it was hearing my wife on the phone to an ebay rep that prompted me to ask the question on the forum.

They "cant" put her through to the person who sent the email saying we are in the right. Plus the decission has been made and thats it...case closed.

My wife has worked in retail for years though and will be calling daily until she gets answers.

Im still reading forum entries and the ebay rules and i must say im amazed anyone would sell on ebay. Absolutly no support for sellers. If a buyer changes their mind thats it. They will get out a microscope to find fault. 

So my wife now tells me we are up for shipping back to Australia from America also. So now significanty out of pocket because of buyer remorse. Do we get charged the sale fee also??? ill be looking into that now. 

Facebook marketplace is where we will be doing our selling now so we will save a small fortune in ebay fees. Not as big a market but dont really care after this.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

allfixelectrical
Community Member

If it was paid using paypal, ring paypal and explain what has happened to them and if they refuse to reimburse you report them to the financial ombudsman.

Ebay facilitating theft is on the rise unfortunately.

https://www.fos.org.au/resolving-disputes/before-you-lodge-a-dispute/

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

You won't be out of pocket for return postage as eBay have refunded the buyer and told them they can keep the boots. You won't be getting them back. EBay is condoning and encouraging theft and there's not a lot sellers can do about it. If your wife looks at her seller dashboard, she has probably earned herself a defect too.

I can only suggest the same as the last post above this one (sorry, I forgot to check who wrote it). Contact PayPal and demand they refund your money. Send them the emails from eBay AU saying it's clearly buyer remorse and the boots were as described. If they don't refund you, open a dispute with the FOS. Unfortunately, it still means the buyer gets away with having the money and the boots, but it might mean you don't lose the money.

Please come back and let us know what happens.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Well...... BIG NEWS.

After 5 phone calls to the USA today the decission has been reversed.......again.

My wife was able to explain the whole situation to a customer service manager. Have been in customer service for near 30 years she had a few words to say as you can imagiine. 

So good news.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply