Ebay Plus $30 Gift Card to renew

Hi,

I took up the offer of a $30 Gift Card to renew my Ebay Plus subscription as I initially did not want to renew.

When I renewed and paid $49, I did not receive a Gift Card so queried with customer services.

Then I was given a $30 voucher (not gift card), and the expiry is 1 month from issue! Not 3 years like a Gift Card.

I have contacted customer services many times and they say they cannot extend the expiry date.

Any one else with the same issue? And who  can I escalate this with?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I am guessing if you read the T&C's it would say it is an eBay gift card, usable only on eBay within 1 month. (voucher)

You could contact Consumer Affairs, it won't get what you want, but if enough people complain with the same issue, eBay may be required to changed the name of their promo to eBay voucher rather than eBay gift card.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply. Easier next time to cancel my renewal, what a disgrace of a company!

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I was offered the $30 to keep my membership, as well, which I fully intended to accept, however, whenever I tried to click the option, nothing happened. I tried repeatedly. Now my membership has expired and the offer has disappeared.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I accepted the $30 voucher for renewal offer (I was initially going to let it lapse), and took a screenshot of the offer just in case. Then, when my renewal date came around, the membership didn’t actually auto renew like eBay had said it would in their renewal reminder emails. I didn’t get any notification of failed payment or anything. Now, when contacting eBay support, they just say I have to pay the full $49 to sign up again and they will not send me the $30 voucher. 
It feels dodgy and they are claiming I cancelled my membership prior to the renewal date, but I definitely didn’t, and I have proof that I accepted the renewal with $30 voucher offer.  

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Why would you pay $49 for a $30 voucher? You're ripping yourself off $19. I can't understand why anyone would do that. Consider yourself lucky, because now you're $49 in front and not $19 out of pocket.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

*anty*
Community Member

I have the same issue come to cancel my membership on 18th december 2023, was offered the $30 gift card.  I Renewed and after two weeks didnt get a voucher.

I sent them all the screenshots as evidence.

Ive escalated multiple times they keep telling me to wait a few days. First they apologised for the delay offered me a $10 voucher for the delay and told me it was escalated and would be a couple days. That was 3 weeks ago.

Been three weeks ive called and chatted to them at least 6 times keep getting told that its been escalated, and still keep getting told to wait a  few days.

Dont trust them and dont renew your eBay plus account if your offered a gift card.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply