Hello, how do i contact an ebay representative?

eh5511
Community Member

Hello, can someone tell me how i c an speak to a ebay representative on the phone. Any advice is much appreciated. Cheers

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eBay's call centre was closed once the pandemic hit.

The only way* to contact eBay Customer Service at present is to use Live Chat. The link  (Contact us) is at the bottom of the Help page.

The Customer Service page which opens upon clicking the Contact Us link offers various topics:

SellingBuying
AccountPostage & Tracking
Returns & RefundsFees and billing

Each of these opens up a further tree of options.

Select whichever topic seems most suitable, and eventually you'll get through to a human CS rep, even if you have to go through the "Automated Assistant" (bot).

Some of the topic options lead you to the automated assistant, and I think you can connect to a live agent if your account's been hacked.

Some of the topic options will - out of business hours - lead you to information about the Live Chat being able only between certain hours, and some will also offer the Have Us Call You option.*

You'll need to work out which option best serves your purpose, but it's best to do so between 8 am and 8 pm Mon-Fri, or 9 am to 7 pm Sat-Sun.

* Note: some of the topic options do lead to a Have Us Call You option.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

eBay's call centre was closed once the pandemic hit.

The only way* to contact eBay Customer Service at present is to use Live Chat. The link  (Contact us) is at the bottom of the Help page.

The Customer Service page which opens upon clicking the Contact Us link offers various topics:

SellingBuying
AccountPostage & Tracking
Returns & RefundsFees and billing

Each of these opens up a further tree of options.

Select whichever topic seems most suitable, and eventually you'll get through to a human CS rep, even if you have to go through the "Automated Assistant" (bot).

Some of the topic options lead you to the automated assistant, and I think you can connect to a live agent if your account's been hacked.

Some of the topic options will - out of business hours - lead you to information about the Live Chat being able only between certain hours, and some will also offer the Have Us Call You option.*

You'll need to work out which option best serves your purpose, but it's best to do so between 8 am and 8 pm Mon-Fri, or 9 am to 7 pm Sat-Sun.

* Note: some of the topic options do lead to a Have Us Call You option.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

You'd most likely get better advice here on the forums compared to the CS reps, who read from scripts for the most part and will tell you anything, whether it is valid/true or not.

If you care to share your issue in the forums, we can offer you our collective wisdom.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Hi thanks for taking the time to answer my question.  I recently purchased an item and when it arrived it was incomplete, so i messaged the seller to tell him it was not complete and he suggested that i purchase the missing bits elsewhere as he does not have them, i said no to this so he offered me 65% refund, again i said no and advised him i was going to return the item, and i also advised  ebay of this and i was told i would need  to print a return label of which i have no idea of how to do, and trying to navigate ebay`s help answers proved to be useless to me, so i went to the post office and purchased a postage bag with a tracking number and sent it back. During this process i had opened a dispute with ebay and i was informed  by them that i would get a full refund including postage. Yesterday i received the refund for the item only, i have messaged the seller and asked him if it was on oversight or did he not intend to refund me the cost of the postage. His reply was to contact ebay and close the case before he can do anything, the problem is ebay has advised me that the dispute has been resolved and the case is closed. I am trying to get in touch with them to tell them the case is not closed but i cannot find anyway to speak to one of their representatives. I hope all this has not confused you, i am sorry if it has. In a nutshell how do i speak to them on the phone. Kind Regards

Eric Hearnden

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

If you’d posted on these boards about how to print the postage label, you would not be out of pocket for return postage.

Now you are going to have to convince an eBay CS rep via Live Chat that you should be reimbursed for the return postage.

Contact eBay using the information I’ve already given you.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

The main problem seems to be that you sent it back at your own cost. 

Had you not negotiated with the seller, but followed the buyer guidelines, then you should have opened a dispute right away for Item Not as Described. The onus then falls to the seller to send you a shipping label at THEIR cost, or refund in full if they don't want it back. The seller now has no obligation to refund the postage and Ebay cannot force them to do so.

Never, ever be out of pocket for an item that is defective/broken. The seller must always pay upfront if they want a return, as it is their responsibility.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks for your input, the problem for me is that i am not aware of buyer guidelines, labels or even that this board existed. This is the first time i have ever had a problem so it`s all been smooth sailing until here. It`s my own fault for not knowing the rules and it does not help that the seller has a very poor understanding of English and he has not been co operative at all. I noticed that he is still selling the item from his site and i can only assume that it is still incomplete, otherwise he would have sent me the missing items, so that leads me to conclude that  other buyers are experiencing the same problem in regards to missing pieces. I hope they are up to scratch as far as returns go and how to accomplish it. For me it`s a lesson learned and i will drop it and cut my losses as it`s just too much for me to handle. Thanks to everyone who put their time and effort in helping me with this issue.

Kind Regards

Eric Hearnden.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

You should definitely read over the guidelines so you are better prepared for eventualities and will not lose any money going forward.

Please don't make excuses for the sellers English as this seller "knew" enough of the language to offer you a part refund and since there was no dispute prior to you sending the item back, they didn't need to be cooperative at all. The seller also knew enough English to try and get you to close the case! Some sellers try and get you to close disputes by promising to send another one or the missing parts etc, but that is usually just a tactic and should be ignored.

Of course, you should leave appropriate, factual feedback.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Ebay is clearly refusing to have any human help . Im so over this.

I am trying to discuss a suspected scam where you buy via Credit card seller gets your shipping and contact data then cancels the order stating Buyer requested it when they did not. They do refund but they have a ton of real data for a later scam. EEBAY is oblivious and clearly doesnt care.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

How have you purchased - through eBay - giving Credit Card details.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply