Other than positive feedback for buyers

I think that a seller should be allowed to give buyers other than positive feedback!!  The feedback is supposed to be so a person can gauge the type of customer they are dealing with and how can you get an accurate reading if it is stacked in favor of the buyer?  If I am selling to a person who does not communicate in a timely manner, if at all, and there are problems all along the way of the sale, then other sellers should know this before accepting that a buyer has 100% feedback and thinking everything will be smooth.  I have raised this issue with EBAY several times and I still completely have the same feelings!! but EBAY says : it wants to "encourage buyers" BUT WHY NOT ENCOURAGE SELLERS????  Sure, penalizing the buyer by giving them negative strikes hurts them but it does nothing to assist the seller in assessing bad buyers!!!  This with, the recent changes of Paypal separation from EBAY, rising costs of selling, in addition to the above comments, sure makes me want to sell my items elsewhere because EBAY does not benefit the seller.  

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Don't waste your time contacting ebay about the feedback for buyers.

They changed it years ago and it is extremely unlikely that it will ever be changed back again.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I agree with you but eBay would never do anything to upset buyers

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

It was more than likely that the sellers themselves were to blame for that option being removed bear, since many of them were using negs for buyers as a retaliatory tool to punish buyers who left them negs.

As said eBay won't reintroduce it any time soon - if ever.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The only time a seller has the opportunity to vet buyers is presale. When they bid on an auction, for example. As auctions seem to be a diminishing proportion of eBay listings, it would be of diminishing usefulness.

If a buyer BINs and pays straight away, as most would given the proportion of BIN listings out there, there is no way for the seller to vet the buyer presale, and their feedback becomes irrelevant to the particular sale.

I much prefer to have the option of blocking problem buyers. Much more targetted.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply