Seller wont return item or money

Hi, I purchased a Samsung phone.After about 5-6 weeks the phone started freezing, so I contacted seller and they advised doing a factory reset. This worked, but only for a few months. I contacted them again, and was told my warranty had expired. I explained a few times to hem that my problem started within the warranty period of 3mths, and after a few emails, they agreed to repair. After about 6 weeks I received another Samsung phone from them, but this to had problems, and so I returned this back to them within a week of receiving it, and requested a refund. That has been almost 2 months ago, and they refuse to answer any emails, return a phone or my money. What can I do?

Regards, Cheryl

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

To avoid problems like this, it is not a good idea to buy things like mobile phones on eBay, especially not from a seller in Hong Kong with several poor feedback for selling dodgy phones

This being the case here, and after all this time, I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Why oh why did you not check that seller's feedback before buying? Absolutely atrocious and all saying the same thing. Phone is not new. Phone is a fake. Phone stopped working. Seller refuses to refund. Seriously, WHY didn't you take notice of their feedback?

Unfortunately, the time has passed to be able to do anything. Sadly for you, you have done your dough. An expensive lesson to learn, a hard lesson to learn. Please learn from it and only buy online from an authorised AU reseller (not some Asian seller saying they are Australian), or better still, go to Officeworks and buy one from there. I have found them to be the cheapest for phones. At least buying from a shop you have a real warranty that is actually valid. Not just hearsay on an eBay ad.

In future, regardless of what you're buying, ALWAYS check a seller's feedback and check their location (which will show on their feedback page). Don't believe an ad saying it's Australian stock when the seller is in an Asian country. 99.9% of the time, it's sent from overseas.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Why oh why did you not check that seller's feedback before buying? Absolutely atrocious and all saying the same thing. Phone is not new. Phone is a fake. Phone stopped working. Seller refuses to refund. Seriously, WHY didn't you take notice of their feedback?

"Phone was cheap" would be the probable answer. A horrible feedback rating and a sea of red dots won't deter someone who's determined to pay as little as possible. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I seriously doubt that they get as far as checking feedback. I'm sure a lot of buyers don't even know you can click on the feedback and read comments!
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply