WHEN IS AN ITEM ACTUALLY "ACTIVELY LISTED " ?

I have had numerous items "actively listed ", only to find some 12hrs later they are NOT actively to be found via ;

1- Item number search, 2- Title heading exact description search.

I contacted Ebay and discussed this with a "person", not a BOT.

The answer will ALARM you.

I quote ; " When an item is newly listed, it has to be placed in our search system via a process called "indexing ". Each time an "indexing " takes place the site is updated with all of the newly listed items. generally this process takes up to 24-48 hours to complete depending on the category, pictures, length of description, time when you listed the item, etc".

My answer to Ebay,  in any other rational world THIS IS NOT LIVE, IT IS PENDING !!!!.

Why the problem do you ask ?.

Well put simply the seller is being charged for supposed "live selling time " that they are not receiving.

Too bad if you listed for 3 days and lose 24-48hrs through "INDEXING ".

Please do not try and sugar coat this , it is plain and simply misleading.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Not a problem for me. I recently sold a book on a secondary account 2 hours after it went live.

Maybe don't do 3 day auctions? BINs last until sold.

And what would you like other members to do? You seem to be after validation, given the only time you deign to visit the boards is when you have an issue with eBay that the members here have no possibility of resolving.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

When I've had a special order (not on this ebay account) I've sent the buyer an email with the item number within minutes of listing and they have purchased the same day. Which seems impossible according to the advice (carp?) you were given. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Thankyou for your imput /reply. My reason for posting this is purely to alert other members to the fact that, are you receiving your full listing time that you pay listing fees for ?. Yes agreed dont list just for three days, but if you pay  for three days It isnt unreasonable to expect the full three days exposure, not losing even say six - twelve hours pending. But again thank you for your imput.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

thankyou for your imput, by chance it was a friend of mine that alerted me to the fact that he could not find my listing some 6 hours after I had listed an item. My point was purely to raise awareness to other sellers that this is happening. For me if you pay your fees for lets say 7 days listing, its not unreasonable to expect exactly that a full 7 days listing , not losing 6 hours whilst pending. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

So we've gone from 24-48 hours to 6-12. Big difference.

Don't do short auctions, simple.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply