Where has tthe link to eBay sites in other countries gone?

I’m sure this used to be at the very bottom of the homepage but it’s not there now.... and while I’m at it, what’s happened to the search for an eBay member? That appears to have vanished or it’s been moved as well 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@n-i-c-o-l-a-j-a-n-e wrote:

and while I’m at it, what’s happened to the search for an eBay member? That appears to have vanished or it’s been moved as well 

eBay removed that search for privacy reasons, but you can still search for a specific seller in "advanced search".

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

There must be some sort of gremlin in my machine because I still can’t see them, so thank-you so much for providing the links🤗🤗🤗 I love a spot of eBaying in another country - it’s a bit like going on holiday!

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

The trouble with this however, is the eBay member you are trying to find has to actually be selling something at the time you’re looking. I wanted to contact someone I bought something off ages ago - we got chatting there for a while and I wanted to tell her about something I think she’d find interesting - but the messages are long deleted. I can almost remember her user name but not quite. In the old search if you were close enough the search suggested some possibilities. Oh well, there goes bloody “privacy” making life difficult again when the ironic reality is we haven’t got any 😉

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I can almost remember her user name but not quite. 

If either left feedback for the other, you can go to your feedback received (or left), click the link to display 200 comments per page and then press F3 on the keyboard. A little panel should pop up where you can type search terms - it looks immediately for all instances on the page, so if you are only certain of part of the username, you can just type that in. 

If you keep your PayPal receipt emails, it will have the seller's username in that (just search your emails for the item name, or a word from the item name + receipt). 

If you find it in feedback, you'll get a direct link, if you find it in your emails, used the advanced search but by bidder, not seller. 

(The feedback option would be the best way, as they may have also changed their username since you last communicated). 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

.. and while I’m at it, what’s happened to the search for an eBay member? That appears to have vanished or it’s been moved as well 

Go to the Advanced search and search By bidder (don't tick any of the boxes).

Works the same but you need the correct ID as it wont give close matches,good.gif

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply