cancelling sale

seller sent package to wrong person emailed me on the 18th of dec saying other person was returning package told seller to keep in contact and to send photos of dicast car model to show no more damage and its now 29th dec no email to update me im in australia buying from usa do i have a case for cancelling sale and getting a refund as i payed for it on the 18 dec im a pensioner and the money is a hell of alot to me i have a funny feeling that the sellers trying to pull a fast one

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

cancelling sale

Your post doesn't make sense, you say you paid for the item on 18-12-20 yet the seller said the item was being returned to them on that date ?

You as a buyer cannot cancel a sale, only the seller can do that. You also cannot open a case with eBay's "money back guarantee" until after the last ETA of the parcel has passed.

You would realise I hope that COVID-19 is probably having a devasating impact on delivery times within the USA as well as for outgoing mail.

I'm afraid there's nothing you can do until the time arrives that you can open a case with eBay for non-delivery of your item, unless the seller is willing to cancel the transaction for you and keep the item when it is returned to them.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

cancelling sale

Am a little confused as well.  You say you paid on 18/12 and got email from seller 18/12 that it had gone to wrong person.  Not sure how that can happen.  Not only hold ups with Covid but also Holiday season.  Think you will have to be a little bit patient here.

Please dont play the " pensioner" card here.  There are many of us here in similar position.  If you cant afford something just dont spend the money.  If you do dont complain about it.

As said, wait until the eta has passed before panicking

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

cancelling sale

rry paid for it before 18th dec my mistake

o

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

cancelling sale

@antonywombat22 wrote:

rry paid for it before 18th dec my mistake

o

In that case, can you take your time and write a message, explaining exactly what is going on, so the rest of us pensioners can understand. Then us pensioners can probably help. Until then, you probably only have the options listed above of waiting until the last ETA has arrived, and opening an item not received dispute.

Edit: as a collector of diecast models, and having bought a LOT from the US, if you want to send me a private message telling me who the seller is, I can tell you if I have bought from them before, and if so, whether you need to be concerned.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

cancelling sale

thanks tippy toes the sellers ebay id is <Removed> and not being funny pension means not aged, but lack of money available as the cars are for my autistic son its the only thing he loves.again thanks for checking this person out. my main concern is the lack of communications nothing since the 18th of dec with a promise to keep in touch.
regards antony

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

cancelling sale

I said to send me a private message, not add the seller's name in a public post. As you can see, the mods have removed the name you added, because it's not allowed on the forum. To send a PM (private message), click on my username, then on the right, click on "send this user a private message". If you are on a phone, I'm not sure of the steps!

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply