changing displayed prices to $NZ from $AU

hydr5947
Community Member

Many years ago I changed the displayed price on the US EBAY to NZ dollars , but cannot remember how . Is it possible to do this on the Aus version to display $NZ on m  iPad ?.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You cannot. The price shown depends upon which eBay site you are browsing. If you’re on eBay.com, you will see everything in US dollars; if on eBay.com.au, prices shown are AUD; if on eBay.co.uk, you will see GBP; if on eBay.fr or eBay.de and so in, prices displayed are in EUR.

There isn’t an eBay.co.nz any longer, of course; you canny New Zealanders had that local site that saw off the eBay competition.

I believe that there are currency conversion add-ons for Firefox, etc., which might help, though. It may be worth downloading and installing such an add-on for whichever browser you’re using and see if that gives you the ability to display converted prices in NZD. Best in mind that the converted prices will be based on whatever conversion rate the add-on uses, so there might be some variation… 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

PLUS it will be considered an International transaction, even from OZ, and will attract extra fees.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you, perhaps you are right , but that doesn’t take into account how I changed my eBay.com account to display in NZ dollars. 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Yeah , they do anyway for a couple of years now. That’s what happens when Government gets greedy 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You’ve said “many years ago”. Perhaps it was when there was an eBay.co.nz, and any items listed on other eBay sites but available to be shipped to NZ — so viewable on eBay.co.nz — would have their price converted to NZD.

That would be around 2001, but certainly by 2006 eBay had ceded the prize to TradeMe. (I’ve posted about NZ eBay’s demise complete with dates and an interview with Sam Morgan on a different thread, if you’re interested in checking that.)

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply