putting my store in holiday mode for 6 weeks

Hi all

We plan to put out store in holiday mode for 6 weeks starting at the end of next week and to make the items not visible during this time. I would like to have a proper break and have no new listings during the time I am away as there will be no-one to see them but will this affect my store when we get back and try to get it up and running again. I have thought about ending and doing sell similar every day to keep the algorithms happy but will this actually work or can we just take a break. I don't want to come back after all the hard work that we have done this year to find it takes weeks to even get views again. Please reply if you know this answer as a mater of fact or have experienced this when you put your store in holiday mode. I am going to list the same question on another ebay sellers site to try to find the answer ASAP.

Cheers Sonya

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You canโ€™t set your store into holiday mode for 6 weeks. The longest is 30 days.

Quoting:

โโ€ข If you allow item sales, your time away can be up to 15 days
         โ€ข If you pause item sales, your time away can be up to up to 30 daysโž

I canโ€™t give any insight into how it will affect views/algorithms, etc, as Iโ€™m not a seller, but based purely on the 6-week timeframe, youโ€™ll need to end your listings for now.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

You canโ€™t set your store into holiday mode for 6 weeks. The longest is 30 days.

Quoting:

โโ€ข If you allow item sales, your time away can be up to 15 days
         โ€ข If you pause item sales, your time away can be up to up to 30 daysโž

I canโ€™t give any insight into how it will affect views/algorithms, etc, as Iโ€™m not a seller, but based purely on the 6-week timeframe, youโ€™ll need to end your listings for now.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Hi Bev

Haven't seen you for a while. I couldn't see the message that you sent to me about the holiday mode.

Cheers Sonya

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply