Paying for a vehicle thru Ebay that I found on Facebook marketplace, seller email below

Does Ebay take payments for vehicles listed on Facebook marketplace as listed below, I need to know is this a real way of payment or a scam? 

Hi, I have replied to your email, you need to search in your inbox carefully and also check your bulk/spam/junk folder because the email could be there. The car is here with me in the base garage and in case you decide to buy it, I will deliver it to your address, Besides, its free and I will give you a 5 days inspection period so you can take the car to a mechanic and test it before I receive your money. I think it is the fair thing to do. In case you decide not to keep the car I will have it shipped back with no extra charges for you, also, the car will be shipped with our RAAF cargo boat and from harbor with the truck (Transport insurance is included). I have a contract with eBay Motors so this deal must go through them. If you wish to go further, let me know your details (full name, full address and home phone number) so I can open a transaction with them and declare you as the buyer, they will then contact you and explain the whole process in details, You must know that eBay will contact you without any obligation to buy or to pay some fees (Fees will be paid by me). I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you again      

On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 4:43 PM Karen Maree McLaughlin <karen.mclaughlin365@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you for your email, as I've mentioned in my post, at this moment I am near Devonport TAS in a military base, waiting to be deployed in New Zealand, I am doing a special training program each day and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want, my phone number it is 0480046554-You can write me a message but I do not know when I can respond, so the best will be if you answer me by email. My last price including shipping to your address will be $00000.00 (It will not take much more than 3-4 business days to receive the car). Because it's a large transaction, we will complete the deal using eBay Motors coz I already prearranged the whole process with them, the money will be paid via bank transfer, so you will deposit the money online directly to eBay Motors and they will hold and secure your money during the entire transaction. I repeat, they will hold and insure your money until you receive the car in good condition and will release the funds to us only after you decide to keep the car and normally register it, into your name. If by any reason (the car has any hidden damages or it is not as described by me) you can reject the deal, When this happens, eBay will refund you in full, you can rest safe in the knowledge that eBay is one of the most trusted and secure escrow services across the globe. If you wish to go further, let me know your details (full name, full address and home phone number) so I can open a transaction with eBay Motors and declare you as a buyer, I will need your details also to transfer the registration over, eBay will then contact you and explain the whole process in detail. You must know that eBay will contact you without any obligation to buy or pay some fees - The fees will be paid by me.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Karen Maree McLaughlin  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

SCAM, and a well known one at that.

One of the most common scams going