6 months and I still haven't received item from Seller.

deagrimmon0
Community Member

I bought something from the REMOVED Nov 05 2018. 

it was expected to arrive by up to Dec 18 2018.

On Jan 05 2019 I let the seller know I still haven't recieved it, and had opened a case with Australia Post. He said to let him know it goes. This is 70 days from the purchase date and 28 days from the date it was expected to be delivered by.

Australia Post said it never left China and I should contact the ebay seller to put in a case with China Post. I contacted the seller on Jan 14 2019 to resolve the issue. 

I presume this meant they lodged a customer enquiry with China Post and they were informing me to wait until China post resolved it.

On 26 Feb 2019 I follow up asking what was the progress on resolving the situation responded:

"no,sorry"

At this point I just want my money back. It's been almost 6 months. Is there anything I can do?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Very typical response from a China based seller in the hope their buyer runs out of time to get their money back

Far too late to do anything via eBay, but if you paide with Paypal, you have 6 months to open a dispute there so don't wait any longer

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it is less than 180 days you can open a dispute in paypal.....but you need to be quick.

Other than that there is very little you can do...never let a seller string you along till you are out of time for a dispute.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Any reaqson you did not open an Item Not Received Case using the eBay Money Back Guarantee?

You had 30 days to after the Last Estimated Delivery Date to do this.

If you paid with PayPal find the transaction & open a case there...do not communicate with the seller....escalate the case to a claim as soon as you are able.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks for the quick response. Disappointing ebay is so unreliable for stuff such as this. Every resource I can find says to contact the seller to resolve this stuff but obviously this is some scam or fraud exploiting that fact to get the buyer to wait until time runs out.

Hopefully Paypal can do something. I've opened a dispute with them, but I escilated it to a claim. I think I've waited long enough resolving things this

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Well since the issue was known (package didn't land in Australia) I was suggested to contact the seller to resolve the issue with China post. From my past experiences items damaged on delivery has been resolved by contacting the seller but they were from Australia. 

In hind sight obviously I was being scammed, and I should have got a refund as soon as it wasn't delivered. I'm never going to try to resolve an issue any other way ever again. It's a shame I guess I'm going to have to treat every Seller as hostile from now on. Definately never buying from outside Australia ever again. I might actually look in to another ecommerse site, or just buy stuff the older fashion way from now on. 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Yeah, I guess this is one of the times where patience is a burden, not a virtue.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

It is hardly fair to blame it on ebay.

The Resolution Centre is available in both paypal and ebay for you to use at any time.

You cannot use the ebay one until the end of the delivery time but in paypal you can open it at any time after you have paid.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Why did you wait soooo long ?

Surely even 3 months would seem out of the ordinary.

Log straight into PayPal and see if you can open a case in the resolution centre.

Otherwise you can only chalk it up as lesson learnt.

And in future look at where the account is registered before purchasing as well as using the Aust only function in the left margin.

image host
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I guess I'm really patient, haha. Definitely chalked up as a lesson learned.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply