6% surcharge

Hi,

I have just brought and paid for an item through paypal. I have now recieved a new invoice charging me for compulsory insurance and a 6% surcharge that the seller states is what ebay charges them for using their checkout system. I have sold on occasion and was never charged when a buyer used checkout. Is this 6% a new charge?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

6% surcharge

Unless insurance is noted as compulsury in their listing, the Seller can't add that to your total after the sale...and nor can he/she pass along what I assume is his/her standard Paypal or/and eBay fees.  Refuse the additional charges, request a refund, report him/her to eBay, and leave appropriate (negative feedback).

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

6% surcharge

6% sounds like the final value fee (for selling the item). It should have been factored into the total price by the seller. It is against eBay's policy.

I second previous replier's recommendations.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

6% surcharge

Thank you for your advice

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

6% surcharge

I would just ignore them and if the item isn't marked as posted within a few days open an item not received didpute.

If they refund your payment leave them a neg and move on.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

6% surcharge

Is it this from the seller from Singapore with appalling feedback & including negs that mention demands for extra money for postage ?

HETALIA WORLD SERIES Nekotalia Plush Mascot Charm FULL SET! / Axis Powers Anime

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

6% surcharge

Can't copy & paste some of their TOS for some reason but it does say

Tracking & Insurance costs only a low $2.30 & will be added onto all final invoices.The listed shipping does not include this cost as it is a seperate item.Please wait for a final ebay invoice to be sent before making payment.Payments not from the final invoice will be refunded in full & be requested to be made again from the final invoice.

There's other rubbish that I CAN c & p

1. Buyers are required to respond to messages/emails within 48 hours.
2. Payment should be made within 24 hours upon receipt of total/invoice.

Oh & I hope you saw this

Will usually post within 20 business days of receiving cleared payment 

Can't believe they've been on ebay for 12 YEARS lol

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

6% surcharge

Yes I did see the 2.30. There are charging another seperate 6%.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

6% surcharge

Sorry i should have said they are. I don't know if we are looking at exactly the same item as mine is not saying about postage after 20 days

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

6% surcharge

Sorry i should have said they are. I don't know if we are looking at exactly the same item as mine is not saying about postage after 20 days

Just click on the More Details near where it has postage & look down the page-its definitely there.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply