7 days still not posted, seller said she was too busy.

I bid on, won and paid for a pair of jeans on 29/11/16, I messaged seller late yesterday to ask if they had been posted yet as not showing on eBay and no tracking number listed, and 6 days since I paid.  Seller came back this morning with "Been super busy with school, haven't had a chance, will post tomorrow".  Seller has 2 day handling listed, estimated delivery by eBay was yesterday, and they are coming from NSW, so 5 days is usually right.  Just wondering when it comes to leaving feedback, I should mark down postage time, what would other buyers do?  

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

After that amount of time and the seller not even letting you know of the delay till you messaged them, I would be opening item not received case and if they have not arrived by the end of the week escalate to a claim and YES leave 1 star for postage time and certainly not positive feedback.

Message 2 of 48
Latest reply

If it was me it would depend on whether she actually posted "tomorrow" and gave tracking number.

When the item arrived I would definitely ding the postage stars.    Probably also a comment - took 7 days to post.

If no tracking number or posted notification received in 24 hours, I would just open a dispute.

Message 3 of 48
Latest reply

OP, what's the hurry?

You haven't got anything else to wear - and just HAVE to have these jeans RIGHT NOW?

Lady was obviously very busy - an  easy concept to understand -  hence no message to tell you that she was too busy to post your jeans, but since you have asked she was good enough to answer you.

And taking the advice of others here would be pointless, opening a dispute and looking idiotic when jeans turn up doesn't look like a class act. Ditto for the negative f/back - another useless advice.

And besides, this lady is obviously not overly concerned with f/back - she has a life outside of Ebay by the looks of it - doesn't live in fear every day from possible negs people may give her - otherwise she would have dropped everything and broken all records to post you the jeans.

You have received a reasonable explanation why she didn't send them, now you know there was no sinister reason, just being busy.

How much ordinary can it get?

Message 4 of 48
Latest reply

I have been waiting over 7 days for an item to be shipped.
Message 5 of 48
Latest reply

Well yes I suppose you are right but Geeeee cant the seller let them know there is a delay with shipping the item out instead of buyers having to worry about it. Very simple thing to do on the sellers part.
Message 6 of 48
Latest reply

But geeeee if the seller was very busy then how can the seller let the buyer know they were too busy?

Buyers need to chill out and be patient,too many think that ebay's estimate of delivery is a guide line when in fact it's rubbish.

Buyers should allow 2 weeks for delivery even if the sellers state within 2 day postage.

Message 7 of 48
Latest reply

All I asked was if they had been posted yet, if I hadn't messaged how would I have never known her life was so busy.  I sell as well, if you have time to list items for sale, you have time to post within a reasonable time frame or at least let a buyer know, I don't go by ebay estimates on delivery, but a seller chooses handling time.  Never assume to know why an item has been purchased, you don't know who they are going to be given to or why. 

Message 8 of 48
Latest reply

If a seller wants to sell on ebay then they also need to be fair to the buyer as well.

As buyers we are told to communicate with our seller if there is a problem, so it is a 2 way street and the seller SHOULD communicate with buyer when there is an issue their end rather than wait for a buyer to ask where the item is.

As a seller I post items the same day payment is received if the PO is still open and if there was to be a delay outside my postal times it is only the right right thing to do

When they want their money ASAP then they should POST ASAP within their time frame they choose to post in.

You have every right as a buyer to leave the star rating and anything other than +ive feedback you like.

Are we not told by ebay to leave honest factual feedback (even though sellers are not permitted the same offer)?

I am sure if it was a week after the sale and the buyer had not paid the seller would be a lot quicker to deal with it.

Message 9 of 48
Latest reply

I agree. I have a 5 day handling time but still like to post the same or next day. Occasionally things happen at work whereby I get stuck working overtime and it might be 2 days before I post. When that happens I always send the buyer a message apologising for the delay in posting their item, even if it's 2 or 3am when I message. Yes, I do have a 5 day handling time, but not all buyers would have clicked on the postage tab to know that.

Even though I have the extended handling time (which is purely to fatten out the estimate), most buyers still expect it to be posted within a day or 2 of payment. If a buyer pays late in the afternoon and I know I'm working a long day the next day whereby my hours won't allow me to get to the PO I send them a message letting them know it won't be posted until the day after.

I'm not exactly sure how someone could be so busy with school. Isn't school like 9-3.30 or something? It takes less then a minute to send a message. I bet she still has time to update her Facebook status with the latest how wonderful is my kid, photo. I'd definitely be dinging her stars at the very least.

Message 10 of 48
Latest reply