$99 generator with free delivery that should be 1000 with freight? dodgy seller?

a member who just joined is selling a generator very cheap. it should be 10x the price with you paying for freight. he has 0 feedback and just joined.

if i was to buy the item for the buy it now price what protection do i have using paypal?

could my payment be held up through ebay for weeks while i get a refund or is it usual for new sellers to lit big items like this cheap just to get some good feedback? ive seen a few from new sellers that are too unbelievably cheap with free freight and im 400kms out of sydney!

any advice apreciated thanks team!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

$99 generator with free delivery that should be 1000 with freight? dodgy seller?

Hi, item number would help us to advise on it. If they are a new member, funds paid to them are usually held in ''trust'' for several days just to make sure the sale goes through. Seems too cheap though, could be a copy and paste job to catch the unwary. Under no circumstances pay by bank deposit if requested, only paypal, but give us a look at it. I have lots of exp with small enging stuff on here.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

It's a common scam to sell high priced items at a low cost so gullible members buy it,(this is one such scam).

The way to deal with these is to report them,(not buy them).

It's up to you but you will not get a $999 GenTrax generator for $99 with free postage,(at least they are only

"selling" one).

They've even used the same photo from the $999 genuine item,(just cropped out all the banners).

Reported,good.gif

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

What tazz said but you could send a message asking, just in case they made a typo. 99 instead of 999.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Complete scam.

After it sold: This listing (**********) has been removed, or this item isn't available.

So who ever bought it will now find out how long it takes to get their money back,tease.gif

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Was selling with free postage...........from Nigeria that must have been.

Spoiler
Smiley LOL
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply