An unpaid item was wrongly recorded on my account

bargain500
Community Member

I purchased an item from a US seller 'atthrough' who clearly stated they shipped to Australia and the Australian shipping cost was also listed. When I clicked Buy It Now, a message popped up saying I needed to contact the seller to get the shipping cost. I sent two messages to the seller asking for the shipping cost so I could complete the transaction.

Next atthrough opened an Unpaid item case. I responded with the same message; that I needed an invoice with the shipping cost before I could pay. There was still no response from atthrough and the next thing I know, the case is closed and I have an Unpaid item marked against my name!

I couldn't dind any way of contacting ebay to explain all this. I would still like the item and am more than willing to pay.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Ring ebay and appeal the strike.   It should be removed if it is your first one.

You can find the phone number through the Help and contact link at the bottom of the page.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Same happened to me but my item didnt have ship cost to here. Still have to ask Ebay if they can get my name removed from the Unpaid item list. You never know a seller may check and say no to you due to this when you least expect it.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

You never know a seller may check and say no to you due to this when you least expect it.

No seller will know that you have an unpaid item strike, sellers do have the option to block buyers with twoor more strikes in a twelve month period so unless you get another within a year it will not impact on your account at all.

Ebay will almost certainly remove the strike if you call them. When you go through Help & Contact choose the option to have ebay call you back, quicker and better service by all accounts.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you all. I was able to get the strike removed, but am more concerned that ebay let this seller off for such a frivelous action when they made no effort to respond to the buyer.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

To be fair to the seller, he is using the GSP and the shipping should be automatically added to the invoice.  The seller has no way of knowing what the shipping amount is so he could not add it to the invoice for you.

I have never known of this happening with this service.....the usual complaint is that the shipping is higher than was stated in the listing.

One other thing that does stand out with that listing.....is it legal to import it to Australia?  It is a very dangerous looking item and it may well be that Pitney Bowes will not ship it to Australia.  They already have a blanket ban on any sort of knives, even innocent butter knives which are perfectly legal to ship to australia.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I bought similar tools from other sellers recently, so I don't believe it's an import issue. At any rate, it doesen't excuse the seller from not responding to my three requests for shipping costs and lodging a non payment strike against me.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply