Anyone felt with REMOVED

Stupidly i messaged this person that was selling Ipad pro 12.9 inch 

descripton said contact for information or to Buy Now 

so contacteced seller 

they told me they would sell ipad but wanted me to not pay through paypal wanted direct bank deposit 

so stupidly i did and yes  stupid i know

that was sunday the seller provided a tracking number which still says pending nothing received 

bank has been contacted  ebay dont give a **bleep** seeing deal was done outside of ebay even though they allow people to write such a description 

anone done such a silly thing can i get the sellers personal details if i seek legal action towards seller ??

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Anyone felt with REMOVED

I think you have answered it yourself.

You have just gifted someone with your money.

And to start legal action it will cost you thousands to recoup what, 300-500  ?

If you don't get the item chalk it up as lesson learnt.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Anyone felt with REMOVED

A search for that seller returns no results. Are you sure you didn't defame the wrong seller? You have already demonstrated that you lack common sense.

Is the seller located in Australia? If not, cut your losses - a foreign based seller, regardless of where they say the item is located, is not subject to Australian law.

You've been around for 10 years, at least. Is this really the first time you've encountered a problem? Really?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Anyone felt with REMOVED

go-tazz
Community Member

@dickomanu wrote:

Stupidly i messaged this person that was selling Ipad pro 12.9 inch 

Which one,the $1325 one or the $600 one?

descripton said contact for information or to Buy Now 

they told me they would sell ipad but wanted me to not pay through paypal wanted direct bank deposit 

so stupidly i did and yes  stupid i know

You answered your own query and paid by an unsafe payment method so have no chance of getting your

money back as there is no record of it.

anone done such a silly thing can i get the sellers personal details if i seek legal action towards seller ??

They are No longer a registered user so it would've been a fake account and eBay will not have the correct 

details for them so no legal action can return your money.

They were a 0 feedback seller and you don't buy high priced items from new low feedback sellers and you

pay via Paypal and backed up with a bankcard for high priced items from reputable established sellers.

@davewil1964 wrote:

A search for that seller returns no results. Are you sure you didn't defame the wrong seller? You have already demonstrated that you lack common sense.

The second l is an L

They sold one 3 days after becoming a member for $600 and another one for $1325 on the 3rd of March (which

had 52 bids on it).

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Anyone felt with REMOVED

More fool you. You have lost both your money and the item and there is sweet bugga all you can do about it. Hopefully you learn from this, however, I suspect you won't. 

If a seller sent me a message demanding bank deposit, I would pay immediately with PayPal just to pish them off. They can't leave me bad feedback, and if they cancel and refund, they still lose the PayPal fees. If they do leave me a false positive, eBay will remove it upon request and seller gets a bad mark against their name.

Let me guess, the iPad was a fraction of new price? Come in sucker!!!

Spoiler
Learn from it.
Spoiler
Don't do it again.
Spoiler
You have been around long enough to know better.
Spoiler
Sorry, no sympathy.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Anyone felt with REMOVED

Have you been taking your Sympathy Pills Tippy?   I know I have been.Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Anyone felt with REMOVED

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Have you been taking your Sympathy Pills Tippy?   I know I have been.Smiley Wink

I took a double dose yesterday.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Anyone felt with REMOVED

Contact your bank and see if there's anything they can do. In some situations you can get a direct debit reversed. I had someone pay into my account by mistake and a few days later it was reversed. The bank sent me a letter about it and gave me a link to a website that explained the law on it. I didn't even know it had gone in as I hadn't checked my account for a few days, but I would have returned it if I'd known. She'd bought from me previously so I knew who it was.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply