Are REMOVED "Brand New" Products legitimate?

There is a seller on eBay that is selling a "Brand New" Samsung S9+ for $580. I am quite interesting in this listing as I plan on upgrading my phone soon. I am curious to know the legimatacy of this listing for those that may have bought with this seller before? Are the listed "Brand New" products really unopened and unused? They have a 98.2% Feedback with 44,000+ reviews, so in that aspect they seem trustworthy. 

I would greatly appreciate anyone that has had an encounter with them before. Much Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

The REVIEWS are for the product, not the seller 

The seller is in Malaysia

Even in the unlikelyhood it IS a genuine product, there is ZERO chance of you getting any warranty whatsoever, no matter what the listing claims. They are not an authorised seller of the brand so their words mean nothing 

It might work of a little while, maybe

It might also be faulty as heck and burn down your house

Folks here do not have to have bought from them to know this is one of the last things you would want to buy off an eBay seller in Malaysia

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

They are in Malaysia, so you won't have an enforceable warranty if things go wrong.

98.2% is not considered particularly good for a high-volume seller.

What is an S9 worth? That is what I'd suggest you pay and buy it from a proper Australian seller.

Buying phones and other electronics online, unless from a proper business website, is generally not a good idea. They are the most scammed items around.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Either fake, refurbished or second-hand take your pick. As said, buy a genuine one from an authorised reseller in Australia if you don't want to waste your money.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Always ask yourself how much money are you prepared to lose when you purchase something on eBay from overseas. How much before you will start losing sleep at night? The phone might be perfectly fine, but if not, will $580 cause you grief? My limit is around $150, anything more and I purchase from an authorised local store to ensure I have a warranty.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Highly unlikely legitimate.

Stay clear and purchase from a reputable local store.

image host
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Nope. As others have said, buy from an Australian authorised seller. I'm looking at buying a new phone and that's what I'll be doing. To answer the other part of your question, no they wouldn't be new

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I bet y'all $10 the OP buys the phone.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I bet y'all $10 the OP buys the phone.

They might buy 2 in case one's fake, refurbished or faulty Tippy.................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Recall the buyer few weeks ago complaining her $600 inverter from China died and she has to return item to China for warranty / Return ! The shipping outweighed the repair cost.

At least when the $580 phone dies the return postage will be less.

"What were they thinking ?"
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply