Are there any paypal experts here? I'm having so much bother with my paypal a/c

I've changed banks and needed to update my paypal. I've sent a msg to them twice but no-one bothers to answer...When I went into my profile I noticed it said I lived in New Zealand...ridiculous!!  and it said any money would be in NZ $...even more ridiculous but I couldn't find anywhere to change that...then when I tried to put my home ph number in it kept saying 9 digits but with the +61 country code that is stuck there I have 10 digits and it won't work..I can't delete the country code..and I can't have less than 9 digits. I'm at my wits end and would flick paypal altogether as have had similar trouble before years ago. 😞   Without paypal it's difficult to buy on ebay. 😞    

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Call PayPal, they are very helpful over the phone.

PayPal - 1800 073 263

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is no need to email paypal.

Just go into your PP account and find where you have your financial details listed.

Remove the current details and then enter the new details....you will then need to verify the new details as you did with the original details.

It takes a week or so I think.....it is ages since I had to do it.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks for the number..I'll call them tomorrow. 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

No good..I want to change the New Zealand thing..I've never lived in New Zealand and have no idea where that came from...+ it will not accept my phone number and keeps saying too many digits...there is NOT too many digits..it's supposed to be paypal australia so why they have +61 fixed there I have no idea about that either..

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

+61 is the Australian code 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Did you get it all sorted out?

With the nine digits, I think that is talking about your ordinary home number but with the 0 taken off the front of your area code which is normal when adding the International code. So if your home number is 02 9999 5555 just type in 299995555. Hopefully that is what it means.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply