Attention Buyers!! In Your Address Please Qoute Actual Suburb!!!

I am a seller that is getting really sick & tired of Buyers Address On Ebay is Qouteing The Capital City & Not the Actual Suburb 

Eg. 

Melbourne 3053  
Instead of

Carlton 3053

Please Buyers qoute The Correct Suburb & Post Code  you know your post code so please Qoute the Suburb Not The city.

This Causes a pain for Click & Send users as causes a fault & Time Comsuming track down correct suburb  so PLEASE GET IT RIGHT!!!:|

D'oh
Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

I agree, but as long as the postcode is there, it really is all you need.

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

Its a bit unfair to go crook at buyers as the problem has its origins in the confusing ebay way requested address details when people joined.

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

As a buyer, I remember one time when my suburb was removed from the PayPal address so the seller had to manually ask me for the suburb name.

Yeah, for big sellers it's time consuming but as a small seller I personally don't mind waiting an extra day or two to find their actual suburb. I leave most things until the very last minute anyway, so an extra day to organise their package helps. 🙂

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

Seriously - the post code tells you all you need to know. It is denoted by number and state, if an order comes to me and has Brisbane 4564 - then it is Marcoola, if it has Victoria 3020 then it is Sunshine, google is your friend, as is the AP Post Code Finder linked with C&S

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Its a bit unfair to go crook at buyers as the problem has its origins in the confusing ebay way requested address details when people joined.

Have to agree 1000% with this comment.

As a prolific buyer only I am a bit sick of sellers showing their annoyance with me when all I did was fill in the information as requested by ebay.

And just for the record, my phone number shows on the address details as well and is usually on the address labels from overseas.

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

Actually there's quite a lot of suburbs that share the same postcode, so it is very important to leave the correct Suburb!.  Surely it's not too much to ask anyone to leave their correct address details.

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

Seriously - the post code tells you all you need to know. It is denoted by number and state, if an order comes to me and has Brisbane 4564 - then it is Marcoola, if it has Victoria 3020 then it is Sunshine, google is your friend, as is the AP Post Code Finder linked with C&S

This works well if the postcode only applies to one suburb or town. It is more difficult when the same postcode is used for more than one suburb or town.

We often have to look up white pages or search on where is to sort out buyers addresses. When that fails we phone or if there is no phone number as a final resort we email them.

On average we have to correct between 20 and 25% of buyers address details.

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

I get very few with the wrong or no suburb. The main issue is the suburb AND the city, which defaults the city into the 'suburb' field in C&S, and is easily rectifiable.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

Whilst I have to change quite a few myself - is still is an ebay generated problem due to their culturally inappropriate method of collecting address details from buyers.

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply