Australia Post Contractor complaint

legarlu
Community Member

Was waiting on an item from the UK for more than 4 weeks.  Contacted the seller as the tracking information shown below

"Your item, posted on 13/08/15 with reference ............................. has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in AUSTRALIA",

remained unchanged.  Seller suggested to wait.  Waited another week and contacted the seller again and they then suggested to contact the local postal office to see if there was a parcel being held.  As there was no card left in our mail box didn't bother contacting PO then.   Another couple of days passed and I decided to ring our CPA and was informed yes there was a parcel there for us.

I mentioned that there was no card left in the mail box and they said it was the contractor that did the cards.   The parcel had been waiting there for more than 2 weeks and if I hadn't picked it up it would have been returned to the UK.    The CPA had to fill out a card and I signed for the parcel.   Noticed today that the tracking information still hasn't been updated to advise that the parcel has been delivered.  Not had this problem in the past.   There was no reminder notice as there wasn't a first notice.  

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Your parcel was obviously only trackable within the UK...nothing unusual in that.  It does not update any further.

As for a card not being left....that is not all that unusual either.  It may have blown away or just been forgotten.

The first thing to do if you are waiting for a parcel that is taking too long is to ring your local PO.  Loss of the card is one of the most common reasons for parcels sitting at the PO.

You can complain, but not much will happen.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply Lyndal.   If the card was lost and the item wasn't collected within a period, wouldn't there have been another card left?   A few years ago a 2nd notice card use to be left.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Not any more.

Usually the item is kept for 7-10 days then returned to sender.

(Depending on PO, some rural ones keep them longer)

image host
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Kopes, I was under the impression that AP would recard after a week or so before returning to the sender...............

Spoiler
Not stalkin' you mate, just late getting back in on the boards................hey the last Amigo must be puttin' fires out in the kitchen again..devil.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks kopenhagen5 for that info.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

According to my local PO, nup promptly returned these days.

(But we are the muskateers, amigos is all of us regs) Smiley Wink 

image host
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

According to my local PO, nup promptly returned these days.

(But we are the muskateers, amigos is all of us regs) Smiley Wink 

I must talk to my local PO about that one.

(So long as those "amigos" don't think they're part of "Muskrats"........................)

Spoiler
We probably need a meeting to discuss the AWOL Musketeers Kopes.................burnt pizza offerings probably wouldn't cut it in one particular case...275324-291c5a3d162b40b9073b4aa6088ed051.jpg.gif

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

OMFG, I've just realised that "the amigos" was used in a detrimental way by a certain boardie.........................

"races off to wash mouth out with soap and water............................"

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Kopes, I was under the impression that AP would recard after a week or so before returning to the sender...............

Spoiler
Not stalkin' you mate, just late getting back in on the boards................hey the last Amigo must be puttin' fires out in the kitchen again..devil.gif

Not always. I hardly ever receive cards (the first contractor-delivered ones) so bounce back & forth between two local post offices to 'manually check' when something appears to go over time by a fair amount, and you don't necessarily receive a AP Final Notice card either.

Was in there paying a bill once and thought "On the offchance, I'll just ask" - turned out a laptop had been sitting there for 2 weeks, due to be sent back to Melb later that day...

So, I've learned to a bit 'proactive' since then lol

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply