Becoming Cheesed off with eBay

I have been a member since 2004, i always do the right thing by sellers in making prompt payment and leaving feedback. Over the past year I have experienced a 'purchase not recieved', paid for express post within Australia that has taken two weeks for delivery on a number of occasions (im in Sydney?) and sellers who dont bother to leave feedback, when iv bothered...wtf is going on!! I 'm ready to move on.Glamourlicious1

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Feedback is NOT mandatory. It is voluntary and does need to be left by either buyers or sellers if they choose not too.

1 item not received since buying from 2004, you should be happy about that.

At least you are covered by paypal for not received items if you open a dispute with in 45 days of paying.

No protection with bank dep.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

An item not received is AP's fault and presumably you got a refund.

Express post means it will arrive quicker once thee seller posts it, if they are tardy then you can mark their stars down and not buy from them again, i don't usually buy from sellers who are daft enough to offer express post anyway!

You no longer sell on this id so why do you want feedback? For a buyer it is just a record of how many items you have bought from sellers who leave feedback, I couldn't even make a guess at how many feedback I have on my buying accounts.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Why is offering express post daft ??

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Because if you're using satchels, unless they're platinum you don't have Paypal seller protection.

And before tb comes in - yes you can dispute that and win, but it's a lot of hassles when it's cheaper and easier to use a postage method that provides protection in the first place.

If I want something fast and I'm not in the bush (which Sydney isn't either), I wouldn't be buying online anyway.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Hi,... presumely (as you say... ) I did not recieved refunds as iv  direct deposited deeerrrrr, as I did trust the system. Wether it was 1 transaction or 10 i did not recieve ,it is still THEFT
and i should not be happy thankyou very much, wake up!! When i pay $12 for exprss post it should come express, as i could drive 10 kms (hence im over it) ....& i do not check 5 stars "KNOW IT ALL'"  as for feedback its very much a part of

eBay that I find important, unique and a mark of good faith, i realise its not mandatory......

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Why on earth would you use bank deposit? If you do then you have to accept that it may be impossible to get a refund, had you used Paypal derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr then you would have had either your item or a refund!

If it was posted Express then if it took 2 days or twenty you can complain about the seller being dilatory but you have got the service you paid for.

I think you have a lopsided view of feedback if you think buyer feedback has any probative value.

I don't know it all, just most of it :^O

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

hi there, you may note I have just changed my feedback score to private. I am not a seller so this does not effect me. I suggest if you think i'm 'lopsided' in my views about feedback , you should reaquaint yourself with the 'feedback forum', cause surely you do not know everything.cheers

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Hi,... presumely (as you say... ) I did not recieved refunds as iv  direct deposited deeerrrrr, as I did trust the system. Wether it was 1 transaction or 10 i did not recieve ,it is still THEFT
and i should not be happy thankyou very much, wake up!! When i pay $12 for exprss post it should come express, as i could drive 10 kms (hence im over it) ....& i do not check 5 stars "KNOW IT ALL'"  as for feedback its very much a part of

eBay that I find important, unique and a mark of good faith, i realise its not mandatory......

Receiving feedback doesn't improve the quality of the item you purchased, nor does it make the item arrive any faster, make it worth more.... and so on and so forth. I don't quite understand why not receiving feedback would make you want to leave the site altogether, when presumably you're a member to make purchases and not collect feedback - which is solely and entirely owned by eBay anyway (they tell you so in the user agreement - you can't do a single thing with it except look at it, basically. I would hope they items you're buying are more useful than that....oh, well unless you're buying art, I suppose. But even then, I don't think the feedback stars have any artistic merit, and if/when eBay dies, I don't think the stars will increase in value. But I digress). 

I can understand why you like feedback, though, it's nice and all. It doesn't improve on the eBay experience as a buyer for me, so I can personally take it or leave it, but I guess every now and then (like maybe 1 in 100 or so) there's a seller who makes a non-generic, personally tailored comment that serves as a nice, albeit brief, ego stroke, because it's all about me and how awesome I am. \o/

Re: express post. I find it hard to understand why the same sellers who recommend people don't need to send items under a certain value registered, turn around and say that you shouldn't send things express because there's no seller protection. The advice is contradictory. ?:|

If you're applying the same rules to lower value items, unregistered / express makes no difference other than speed of delivery for the customer and a better chance of ultimately not losing in the event of INR.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

you should reaquaint yourself with the 'feedback forum', cause surely you do not know everything.cheers

Way back in the mists of time I checked my feedback to see if I had enough to do various things but for the rest of the 13.9 years I have used the site I have taken hardly any notice of it, As long as my selling ids maintain over 99.5% (they are all at 100% currently) it is totally unimportant how many I have.

Still waiting to find out what use buyer feedback has, nobody has come up with a sensible answer yet :^O

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply