Best Offer - Confusion

I made an offer on an item.  When I clicked the final submit offer button it said I was committed to pay for the item....which is fine.

But then I get an eBay message to say the seller will get back to me within 48 hours.

But then I get an eBay message to buy the item (at my Best Offer amount), and the auction is shown as ended.

I'm confused. Do I pay now or wait for the seller to reply?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best Offer - Confusion

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It sounds as though the seller has her settings to auto accept/reject and she has accepted.

If the item is in your Purchase History it is yours and you pay for it.....you will never hear from the seller as it was all set up automatically.

At least you know where you stand and do not have to wait up to 48 hours for the seller to respond.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Best Offer - Confusion

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It sounds as though the seller has her settings to auto accept/reject and she has accepted.

If the item is in your Purchase History it is yours and you pay for it.....you will never hear from the seller as it was all set up automatically.

At least you know where you stand and do not have to wait up to 48 hours for the seller to respond.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Best Offer - Confusion

Fantastic - that's the answer I was hoping for. Smiley Happy

Time to pay!

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply