Bidding cancellation

Hi, can someone help me on this one-- i won the bidding of a certain item and before the bidding ended i have sent a couple of messages to the seller to confirm the item. After i won, i asked again if the sale is really real but i never received any message from the seller. I did not pay yet because i am afraid that it's not real, can someone tell me how to cancel the bid?
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Bidding cancellation

rjm6572
Community Member

why would you want to email the seller if the item is for real

if you have all the details pay by paypal and if things go pear shaped and you dont receive your item open up a paypal dispute

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Bidding cancellation

You only seem to have won two items recently....I am not sure why you would be so concerned about either of them.

A top is a top and it is not an expensive designer item that you need to worry about.

And the iphone cover is only a cheap item, not worth all this angst.   Pay with paypal and if it goes pearshaped you should get a refund although if it is authenticity you are worried about it might be more trouble than the item is worth to prove it.

BTW, you cannot cancel bids after the auction has ended.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Bidding cancellation

I am going out on a limb here and summizing that iof the item is not showing in the recent purchase list that it is one that has been removed by eBay (they don't show there then)

so that kind of lends credence to the OP's uncertainty about the genuine nature of the item.along with the lack of communication from the seller.

OP - IMO - at this stage DONT pay!

have you received notification from eBay that the listing was cancelled/withdrawn?

I'd be waiting for now.

If you do feel the urge to pay, make sure you use PayPal or another safe payment method - DO NOT pay by bank deposit under any circumstances.

If the seller does something like an unpaid item case down the track or asks you to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable, come back here for advice on what to do next.

But whatever you do, DO NOT be persuaded to make an off eBay/PayPal payment, or visit another site to make payment etc.

ONLY click on the Pay Now button in eBay which will redirect you through to PayPal

This way you know you have maximum buyer protection.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Bidding cancellation

But whatever you do, DO NOT be persuaded to make an off eBay/PayPal payment,

Making a direct payment through Paypal after logging into the site by way of the URL is absolutely fine, you have exactly the same buyer protection as long as the payment is marked as being for goods.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Bidding cancellation

The time to ask questions is BEFORE you bid not afterwards.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Bidding cancellation

Thanks
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Bidding cancellation

Thanks for your comment. I had to ask the question if the sale was real because the seller didn't answer me but thanks anyway. All is well and resolved.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Bidding cancellation

Thank you so much.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply