Bidding problem

domg75
Community Member

Hi, i was bidding on an item and now it says PROBLEM WITH BID. Apparently in the last 90days i haven't paid for an item. How can this be lifted and how can i contact ebay. Do  they have an email or phone number???????????

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Bidding problem

You must have had more than one non-payments in the last 12 months for that to happen. Just wait until the oldest one drops off then you can bid again.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Bidding problem

Yes, i had like one or 2. Can they be removed?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Bidding problem

Not until the 12 months is up

Is  there a reason you buy things and don't pay for them?

You do realise sellers are charged fees as soon as something 'sells' even when they person did not pay for it

Keep in mind any sellers reading here who are not willing to risk selling to non-payers may also block you

Including the seller you are trying to buy from now

eBay are not going to to lift the non payment strikes early 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Bidding problem

Oh great. 

No i was intenetionally going to pay but Ebay stupid payout system got in the way AGAIN

I sold some items on the Friday and 5 days later no payout. Its stupid

I am only young so the money from selling goes back into buying. 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Bidding problem

Pay for the items you bid on and win, and you'll never have this issue again. I can only imagine how frustrating it would have been for the sellers concerned to discover you changed your mind. Fortunately, Ebay gives sellers the ability to block those who have a certain number of unpaid strikes against them in a given period. It's like the neg you got - it stays on your record for 12 months, the same as an unpaid item strike.

Your age has nothing to do with it - it's about accountability, responsibility and courtesy towards others on the platform. If you're old enough to sell, you're old enough to take responsibility for your actions.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Bidding problem

It's good to see the Ebay system is working, sellers don't want non payers bidding on their items.  Your age doesnt matter, learn some responsibility, and don't bid if you dont have the money.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Bidding problem

@domg75 wrote:

Hi, i was bidding on an item and now it says PROBLEM WITH BID. Apparently in the last 90days i haven't paid for an item. How can this be lifted and how can i contact ebay. Do  they have an email or phone number???????????

Why should it be lifted? Think of it like car licence demerit points. You can't get them removed either unless you can prove an error. 

In this case on ebay, you're confirming there was no error and that you did not pay for a few items.

In that case, a seller can make an unpaid item claim. They pretty much have to, in order to get most of their selling fees back.

Once that happens, you get a strike and once you have 2 in a certain period, that becomes one of the factors that sellers can use to block a sale (sellers can also block buyers on other criteria eg from certain countries the seller doesn't post to, etc).

You should not have trouble paying for an ebay item if you wish to. Make sure you get something like a paypal account and it should all run smoothly for you.

Don't bid if you're not sure you want to buy.

You probably need to realise that if you don't pay a seller, they could not care less if you are young or if you may later on be a great customer for other sellers. All they care about is their own business and the fact they are out of pocket for fees and they will want to get as much back as they can. Which may not be every cent either, but some is better than none.

And some other sellers have that block in place on bidders with a track record of not paying because they don't want to take the risk.

The strikes don't last forever and not every selelr has blocks in place so just wait it out and eventually you'll have unrestricted buying again.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Bidding problem

pay but Ebay stupid payout system got in the way AGAIN

I sold some items on the Friday and 5 days later no payout. Its stupid

Just noticed this: If you're relying on a payout from something you sold before you buy a different thing, don't!!

New sellers from what i understand have funds delayed for 21 days. It's a safety measure to make sure you actually post the items you have sold and that you won't just take off with the money.

Here's what you need to do. Only buy stuff you have the actual cash in hand to pay for immediately. Later on when the money from the sales comes through, you can bank it, put it in your account. But only spend what you actually have, not what you expect to have some time in the future.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply