Brought item out of stock seller wont reply trying to get refund

Hello, I brought an item online, 2 days later i got a reply to say that the item was actually out of stock. I've sent the seller plenty of messages asking if i could please get a refund as i dont want this item when it comes back into stock because i've brought another from a different seller..But they wont reply to any of my messages it's been 4 days, What can i do as i really need the money back asap

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

What did the seller's original message say, aside from notifying you that the item was out of stock?

i.e. Did they offer you any options to choose from, or mention when the item would be back in stock / shipped out? 

Not that it makes a huge difference, if a seller can not supply an item within their specified timeframe, then the option to cancel and refund should be made available immediately, but just trying to ascertain whether they mentioned how they were going to proceed with the situation. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If the seller will not reply to you,and you have paid for the item,then go to the Dispute Centre and open a case.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you funded the payment with a debit or credit card the refund wil go back to the card account and will take several days.

Have you checked the status of the transaction in your paypal account.....is it showing as already refunded?

Have you checked in the debit/credit card account?

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply