Buyer hasn't posted (it's been over a week)

Hey guys, so I made a purchase from a seller on July 31st. I paid via PayPal with a credit card and the payment cleared on August 2nd.

However, it's now August 8th - the estimated delivery date was August 7th and the seller hasn't even posted my dang item yet! I sent them a message about this the other day but they haven't responded. The seller had a rating of 98.7 and I don't usually go below 99 percent but they seemed to have nothing but great ratings from other buyers.

So how do I proceed with this?

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the seller doesn't respond in a reasonable time (remembering not all sellers are on their computers 24/7) open an Item Not Received dispute.

The seller will have to prove delivery or you will get your money refunded.

However, not all sellers send with tracking, so how do you know they haven't posted it? The delivery estimates you are given are based loosely on Australia Post's loose estimates, so I personally would allow a week past that before I started worrying.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

If the seller doesn't respond in a reasonable time (remembering not all sellers are on their computers 24/7) open an Item Not Received dispute.

The seller will have to prove delivery or you will get your money refunded.

However, not all sellers send with tracking, so how do you know they haven't posted it? The delivery estimates you are given are based loosely on Australia Post's loose estimates, so I personally would allow a week past that before I started worrying.

Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

Some sellers send the item but don't mark it as posted.

I would wait out the week before contacting the seller again.

image host
Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

in my experience, some sellers forget to mark item as sent.

id give the item till wednesday the 15th to turn up. if not,open item not received dispute.

Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

@kimbooley89 wrote:

Hey guys, so I made a purchase from a seller on July 31st. I paid via PayPal with a credit card and the payment cleared on August 2nd.

However, it's now August 8th - the estimated delivery date was August 7th and the seller hasn't even posted my dang item yet! I sent them a message about this the other day but they haven't responded. The seller had a rating of 98.7 and I don't usually go below 99 percent but they seemed to have nothing but great ratings from other buyers.

So how do I proceed with this?

It's true some sellers don't bother to mark items as posted, which always strikes me as a bit slack to be honest.

Basically, you can't know if it is posted or not.

I would not bother contacting the seller again. I'm one of those people who is not online 24/7, nor do i have a smartphone, but when I was a seller, I was always able to get back to a buyer within 24 hours so if I could do it back in the days of dial up, there's no reason they can't. It's not unreasonable to expect an answer from any seller within 24-48 hours and if you haven't had one, that's another sign of slackness.

I'd give the seller a slight bit of leeway re arrival date, but not as much as I would if they had replied to me and put me in the picture.

So I'd open a dispute for item not received by Monday (13th). That's more than fair. I bet you'll get a reply then but if not, at least you'll get your money back.

Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

c_mount
Community Member
Paypal dispute and neg fb
Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

Codeine and coffee.

Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

Fexofenadine and Ice.
Message 8 of 40
Latest reply

Explains a lot

Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

Perhaps you are misreading a sardonic sense of humour and a matter-of-fact approach towards problems as arrogance...?

Message 10 of 40
Latest reply