Buying through Ebay.au after the listing closes

I was recently bidding on an item and was top bidder until a NoScore outbid me at the last moment.

I was naturally disappointed but not surprised as these kids can be a menace.

As expected, the buyer didn't appear, so I received a Second Chance offer from Ebay.

But as I am travelling, the offer expired before I could take it up.

So I contacted the seller, who is more than willing to sell the item to me through Ebay.

But this Ebay Discussion board is such a jungle, I can find no hint of how to make the deal.

I want to pay with Paypal and do the deal immediately ... BUT HOW ???

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Have the seller set up a buy it now at  the agreed price and message u when its up. Then u can just go in buy and pay. ๐Ÿ™‚

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I have contacted sellers a couple of times after listings closed and I missed out on bidding at last minute for one reason or another. Yes, I know about whatever you call those programs that bid for you at the last minute but haven't got there yet.

In two cases sellers sold to me after outside ebay. I guess this is considered a big no no then? And you're probably gonna tell me no protection for the buyer either I guess? 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

As long as you pay with Paypal you have buyer protection. HOWEVER if there is an issue and the seller has no funds in their account, then you will only receive compensation if Paypal can recover the funds from the seller.

OP - 0 feedback buyers are a fact of life. I'll bet my house that YOU started off with 0 feedback. I certainly did. I have had 6 NPBs in the last 18 months. 1 of them had 0 feedback, another something over 2000. You be the judge

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

All well and good then cos I used paypal and got my items anyways. Another kiss for you davewil . . . mwah. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply