Can I withdraw my "Best Offer" after Seller acceptance ?

I recently made my "Best Offer" for a mobile phone. The ebay ad was saying that the phone is "Unlocked".

But after the my best offer & the Seller's acceptance of my best offer, i found from IMEI check that the phone is "locked" phone.

I am after for a unlocked phone and i am now not going ahead with this purchese.

Am i bound to buy this phone ? or can i withraw ?

How the ebay sell / buy condition work on this type of the situation? thanks

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You should have asked for the IMEI before you purchased it,and you can ask the seller for a mutual cancellation and tell them that you thought the phone was unlocked as in their listing it said it was and hope that the seller agrees.Also most phone companies (not all) will unlock the phone free of charge so maybe call your carrier and ask if they would unlock it for you.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If the seller did not state that the phone was unlocked in the listing, then no, you cannot withdraw an offer after it has been accepted unless by mutual agreement, arbitration or another legal process to recisnd the contract.

That is the law.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

According to the OP the listing stated that the phone was 'unlocked' so that would seem to me a good enough reason to contact the Seller and request to cancel the sale .

Not much the seller can do if you refuse to go ahead as the listing was inacurate ( according to the OP )

magmagee10 contact the seller and request that due to the item being incorrectly listed ( going by whatyou have said) that you no longer want the item and to send you a cancellation request 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I checked the register

and it claims that the phone is indeed unblocked

Check the status of your Handset

Please enter the IMEI number (15 digits) and click (Re)query.

Note that you can obtain your IMEI number by pressing *#06# on your mobile phone.

IMEI Number
ResultYour IMEI Number is currently unblocked.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply