Can a seller end an auction to relist the item as a buy it now?

Hi

Sorry to repost this. For some reason the heading wasn't of my choosing.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered many times before. So I started bidding on an item and was quickly outbid. I checked on the item tonight and now it has been removed and the seller has re-listed it as a buy it now item. Can a seller cancel an auction once bidding has started and change it to a buy it now option?
Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Can a seller end an auction to relist the item as a buy it now?

go-tazz
Community Member

@be.be.ce.ce wrote:
Hi

Sorry to repost this. For some reason the heading wasn't of my choosing.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered many times before. So I started bidding on an item and was quickly outbid. I checked on the item tonight and now it has been removed and the seller has re-listed it as a buy it now item. Can a seller cancel an auction once bidding has started and change it to a buy it now option?

The only time a seller can't cancel a listing is if there is less then 12 hours to go.

Before that they can cancel any listing,(with an auction they would have to cancel the bids first and then cancel

the listing).

If an auction has more then one bid from different bidders it's generally better to let the auction run as it shows

there is more then one member interested in it.

But a seller may decide that they want a particular price for it so they may re-list it as a BIN.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply