Cannot pay with gift card at checkout due to Donation even though donation is zero

Trying to pay using a gift card at the checkout but eBay will not allow it due to a box at the bottom requesting a donation.   I put zero as the donation but every time I go to checkout it says "To apply a donation, you can't be using vouchers."    I can't dismiss the box at the bottom of the checkout requesting the donation - I put zero as the donation but same error message.   Never had this issue before - is it impossible to use a gift voucher on eBay now?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cannot pay with gift card at checkout due to Donation even though donation is zero

Ok - managed to get through the checkout by adding in another small item which brought my cart to slightly more than the value of the gift voucher so that I was paying partially using the gift voucher and a small amount using Paypal.    Still - this needs to be fixed

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Who does it want you to donate to?

How are you entering zero?

(Is the $ sign pre-filled?)

Are you putting

or 

or 

Or something else?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Ok - managed to get through the checkout by adding in another small item which brought my cart to slightly more than the value of the gift voucher so that I was paying partially using the gift voucher and a small amount using Paypal.    Still - this needs to be fixed

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Good360 Australia Ltd is the charity.     It's prefilled at zero but can change via a drop down box to actually make a donation at pre-set amounts.    I have found a work-around which I posted below.   But this issue needs to be fixed by eBay 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Have you reported the issue to them?

They don't read the member to member forum

(just a heads up, when they open again, if you do contact them, they will tell you it will be fixed in 24-48 hours)

It won't, they're just reading from their script, and that is the answer to anything not working

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I have reported it - let's see if they fix it

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Like Sandy, I doubt they will be able to fix the problem when they can't even fix the problems of the eBay website.

I often donate to charities, but I wouldn't through their dropdown menu. I have occasionally been asked if I wanted to donate (by paying through PayPal, not using a gift card), but I prefer to donate to charities directly. I never had to do anything - I just ignored the request and could pay without any issues.

Anyway, it's good that were able to solve your problem.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I’m with you on the donation aspect, papermoon! I will only ever donate where I have researched the charity or cause or whatever it may be, and the avenue through which the funds reach the intended recipient. (End recipient, not conduit recipient.)

In terms of the charity / gift card technical glitch and the reporting thereof, sandy has said it perfectly. The script doesn’t vary and the CS rep will not have liaised with the technical department.

I await the day when one is informed that the problem shall be remedied within 18h 47′ 13″. 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I had the same issue 4 years ago and still have the same issue today. Sadly eBay never fixed the problem. I just decided not to make the purchase.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply