Cannot track my GSP parcel, worried

I bought an item from an American seller. The seller insisted using the GSP service, and did not give me the chance to pay extra for a more reliable delivery service.

Now, when I tracked the parcel on the USPS website using the domestic tracking number, it says the parcel is delivered on 26th of July. However, when I opened this order details, it shows that parcel is still in Cincinnati. Quite confused. I called the eBay, they said nothing but claim my back if I don't receive the parcel before 6th of August.

I posted the screenshot. Does anyone know what is happening here? Can I track the parccel anyway?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

You should get a new tracking number (eventually) through eBay.  If it's a Pitney Bowes number from Erlanger you should be able to track it here: https://parceltracking.pb.com/

After that look out for a FedEx number to get it to Oz (which of course you can track on FedEx site).

After that FedEx's economy service will most likely 'pass the parcel' (heheh) onto Australia Post...in which case you should get an AP tracking number.

Finally you should get your parcel. 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

The FedEx estimate is usually when it will arrive in Australia.  It then has to clear Customs (usually very quick with FedEx) and then go to Australia Post for delivery.....that is anyone's guess.

I would go by the longest dating before starting to worry.

Despite what the GSP says about being a priority service it is definitely not.....they only pay FedEx for economy delivery.  On the whole the GSP is the slowest and most expensive shipping service known to man.  The best thing I have found about it is the tracking....usually very accurate.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

You have until 5th Aug which is the estimate delivery date so don't panic yet also once it reaches AU it will show in tracking.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

@ya-831275,

Items purchased through the GSP are sent by the seller to the Pitney Bowes warehouse in Erlanger, Kentucky.

The screenshot you've attached shows that your item has been picked up the domestic carrier USPS in New Jersey, and has been transported by USPS to their Ohio distribution centre. It's left that distribution centre, so it's still on its way to KY. From Cincinatti to Erlanger isn't far.

The initial tracking that you received is the domestic tracking, and I suspect that the next tracking event will be when the parcel is delivered to the PB warehouse.

From there, things will stagnate for a while. PB will do whatever is involved in preparing the parcel for international despatch, and you could well be a week or more in the dark. Eventually, however, the parcel will be ready, and a new tracking number (international despatch) will be issued.

Even once the parcel arrives in Australia, be prepared to wait; the GSP isn't a priority service, even though its cost may mislead buyers into thinking it jolly well ought to be!

In general, though, most purchases through the GSP will go smoothly. If the estimated delivery date comes and goes without your receiving the parcel, of course you will want to follow it up and check the tracking in case something has gone amiss. But you shouldn't start to worry (or even to consider making a claim on the basis of non-arrival) until the latest estimated delivery date has been passed.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

But when I track the parcel on the USPS website using the domestic tracking number, it is clearly shows that the parcel is delivered. I wish I can attach two screenshots, so that you can see the two completely different status of the parcel.
Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

"Delivered" can mean that it's been delivered to a delivery centre.

It doesn't necessarily mean it's been delivered to its final destination, or to a semi-final destination before it hits the skies.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

You could try the "Globegistics" tracking website to track the parcel. I do use it occasionally.
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

@ya-831275 wrote:
But when I track the parcel on the USPS website using the domestic tracking number, it is clearly shows that the parcel is delivered. I wish I can attach two screenshots, so that you can see the two completely different status of the parcel.

The USPS site only tracks the item within the USA.....you can only see the progress of your parcel until it arrives at Erlanger KY.

It does not show the progress of the parcel once it is handed to FedEx for international delivery.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

You should get a new tracking number (eventually) through eBay.  If it's a Pitney Bowes number from Erlanger you should be able to track it here: https://parceltracking.pb.com/

After that look out for a FedEx number to get it to Oz (which of course you can track on FedEx site).

After that FedEx's economy service will most likely 'pass the parcel' (heheh) onto Australia Post...in which case you should get an AP tracking number.

Finally you should get your parcel. 🙂

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Just an update to my parcel. PB has finally passed my parcel to FedEx and yes, it is an economy service. Paid USD40 expecting a priority service. My other us sellers were happy to use USPS first class service for USD15 only, and it is actually faster. So frustrated. The ETA provided by FedEx is 13/08/2019. On the eBay page, it says the item should arrive before 06/08/2019. Which one is more accurate?
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Ebay estimates are exactly that - estimates only.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply