Charged without authorisation. No refund.

chines_85
Community Member

I was charged after order was  cancelled by seller. No item was sent and when I disputed the item refund was refused. I never should have left my account details with eBay. Unethical and not trustworthy. I'm disgusted by this eBay practice. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

What sort of dispute did you open with eBay ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

thats a very broad statement to be making without much detail,  maybe you would like to expand on the facts a little more.  The way you have described it, it is not possible anyhow

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Very thin on information.

Why would the seller cancel the order? Did you ask them to?

Did they actually cancel, or did they just tell you they were going to?

What dispute did you open?

Why was the refund refused?

We need the facts as they happened in order to try and help you.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

chines_85
Community Member

EBay offered a discount on a Hosta plant from $7 to $6.50 without info re postage of $15.50. I clicked interested but didn't follow it through as I was hoping the seller may have other hostas to add that I'm interested in to order to reduce postage cost. The seller cancelled order after 7 or 14 days as I did not pay.

I found my credit card has been charged for this item a few weeks later, with my saved eBay account. Meawhile I had ordered and received 3 hostas from the same seller.

When I asked for a refund for item, seller refer dispute to eBay. EBay simply said I do not qualify for refund and the case is closed , in one day.

No refund , no plant.

Its criminal behavior by eBay. I've closedy account and urged all eBay customer be cautious about unauthorized charges from them.

Also now I'm unsubcribed from eBay, so unethical and not trustworthy.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Maybe there has been some confusion because you later ordered other hostas from the same seller?

If you didn't pay and the seller cancelled because you didn't pay, they can't charge your credit card for sure.

Did the other hostas have the same item number? Could you just choose one but the item number was the same?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply