Chat with eBay - starting now

The first 'Chat with eBay Staff' discussion is now on, come and chat to us about managing returns on eBay.

The team are on hand until 3.30 to answer questions.

Visit the Chat with eBay staff board.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Michelle, you had minimal responses to your thread, not surprisingly.

How about instead of eBay deciding the "chat topic" you ask the members what their problems are with eBay's selling platform?

Hint................you may find that downturn on sales is a problem, buyers ripping off sellers is a problem, buyers unable to ask a seller questions is a problem, buyers unable to get combined postage because of eBay's new rule on "immediate payment" is a problem.

It's fine to do lip service and offer a "chat thread" but if you don't open your "chats" to the real problems with eBay then you are just fooling yourselves into believing that everything's fine with eBay.

eBay for me as a buyer is definitely not a great place to buy, what I look at is either deluged by Asian sellers claiming to be in Australia, or relists of items that haven't sold in years.

I was seriously considering selling on eBay but with the rules being totally biased towards buyers (think MBG, 180 day Paypal limits) and buyers nearly having a field day on "free shopping", I will not consider selling here thus I don't buy here anything like as much as I would do.

Do you get the picture.........................?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Totally agree Padi. I would have thought the chat with eBay sessions would have been to discuss issues people are having with different things. It looks like it's going to be an opinion session, which most will find pointless. I would take a guess and say if the next opinion session is dismal as the last, that will be the last one.

This last one had nothing to do with returns, it was all about promoting the newest way buyers can scam sellers. I can't see any other point of the thread than promoting it, which is probably why most people didn't bother participating.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Michelle, many members have jobs and middle of the afternoon is perhaps not the best time.

Hence the lack of questions I suspect.

From what I have experienced, the boards always seem the busiest between 5pm - 8pm.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Michelle, many members have jobs and middle of the afternoon is perhaps not the best time.

Hence the lack of questions I suspect.

From what I have experienced, the boards always seem the busiest between 5pm - 8pm.

How many sellers would be selling from home that have Children at Kindergarten or schools,(they get out

between 2:30 and 3:30 which is the time that they had their "chat").

To me the chosen time is the worst time for members attendance,Who knows.gif

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@ eBay staff-That's how they planned it so not many could respond and it was I'm telling you this is how it's going to be,.

It was the biggest load of **bleep**.

When can I chat about the way eBay **bleep**en treated me and other sellers in the past? Woman Tongue

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply