Checkout Redirect to Mobile Version

Is this happening to anyone else? It's really starting to bug me...

I'm on my desktop, using Chrome as the browser, and if I try to purchase something the checkout redirects to the mobile / app version, the layout and flow is completely different and I'd prefer to get the normal web version back if at all possible. (It doesn't happen in Firefox, I haven't tried any other broswers, but have cleared cookies / cache etc to no avail - I use Chrome on this ID since it saves logging in/out of my buying and selling IDs, so want to be able to continue doing that). 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I bought something using Chrome the other day. No issues. And I use a USB dongle for my internet access. ie The internet would think I'm using a phone rather than a real computer.

Maybe uninstall the app from your computer and only use it on your phone? I'm assuming you have the app installed on your computer. You would know why you would do that.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

As the apps come pre installed with Windows 10 presumably you would have to uninstall it to stop it from popping up if other circumstances are influencing it. I rarely purchase anything and if I do it is not through Chrome as I use that for my main selling id.  I do also use Opera and Safari plus IE for this id and if I occasionally have a problem I just log in again on one of the other browses. Usually if I swap back after a couple of hours the problem has gone away.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Maybe uninstall the app from your computer and only use it on your phone? I'm assuming you have the app installed on your computer. 

C'mon dave, can't your assumptions give me a little more credit than that? 

For further (I guess pertinent) details.

Chrome web browser

Windows 8.1 OS (I will not upgrade to Win 10)

No mobile app installed.

No changes or updates to any of my settings, installed software, etc.  

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

No idea then.

I have Win 7 (will not upgrade to 10).

I left you a fair bit of wriggle room.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply