Chinese Reborn Doll sellers

pj*bear
Community Member
I buy & collect Reborn Dolls, I purchased 1 about 8 months ago from china, all was good, doll showed up within 4 weeks. I purchased another 2 , still from China, but from a different online store, the dolls I ordered never showed up, but 2 other dolls that were 5x smaller & looked nothing like the 2 dolls I ordered , & were 5X cheaper, but were not nice,& not what I wanted, My money was refunded & the online shopping customer service told me to keep the dolls. I then ordered another reborn from china, from again doll did not show up, money was refunded. They ask you to wait up to 5 weeks for delivery, once you report the item not shown up, they ask you to wait another 3 days, Which I did, money was again refunded. I have since ordered 2 more dolls this time from ebay as I had no trouble the first time, both dolls have not shown up, the sellers are now no longer registered users. I have been refunded for 1 doll, but am waiting on the other as I only just opened case. Now, are these unscrupulous dishonest sellers taking peoples money, banking it for 6-7 weeks, collecting the interest before refunding buyers money? I guess there would be around say $25,000 worth of sales per week (Guesstimate) in Australia alone, with the interest & exchange rate these dishonest sellers have found a loophole & are making probably $5,000 Australian dollars every 2 months, & thats just in Australia. Can ebay investigate overseas sellers & their business practice if they notice lots of people opening cases against them? And has anyone else had problems with buying from china. I noticed these people have multiple stores on multiple online shopping websites. Can they be named on a forum like this to warn others. I'm sick of being ripped off.
A home without a cat is just a house!!
Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Can't name n shame here but I believe many report on FB.

You can report sellers but almost impossible to police sellers from some countries especially China.

Best way to stop all the fraud, if everyone just stopped buying from China and give the locals here the jobs.

Our future would be much brighter.

image host
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why on earth would you keep buying from Chinese sellers if you keep getting ripped off.  What sort f feedback do the sellers have?

If the sellers are no longer registered on ebay then ebay has been taking notice of reports and they have deregistered the sellers to protect buyers who will not protect themselves.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Lyndal if they've been refunded and got told to keep the dolls then I wouldn't consider that as they have been ripped off at all.

They seem determined to refund rather than risk bad feedback. I had one today give me a 20% refund across all my purchases to compensate for a slight difference in one item and some crinkled boxes.
Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Kopes we buy from China because Aussie retailers charge 200x more for the same stuff and often we can get the items from China for less than just the postage costs here.

With that in mind and the protection afforded to buyers I ask you why you wouldn't? Unless you're in a hurry for it to arrive.
Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

So you're saying these sellers are acting like banks? lol

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:
Lyndal if they've been refunded and got told to keep the dolls then I wouldn't consider that as they have been ripped off at all.

Just using the OP's own wording Cupboards.   She considers she is being ripped off so who am I to argue.
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

She's not being ripped off, because in every case it sounds as if she is being refunded & in one case she got to keep the dolls as well (even if they were useless to her & not what she wanted).

I thought her question was more along the lines of were some of these Chinese companies making a massive profit by having funds in the bank for a month or so before refunding.

I can see that a seller or company could make a decent profit that way if they sold enough items but I would have thought their life on ebay would be a bit short lived because even when you refund without a buyer having to open a case, you risk getting negative feedback & you'd probably end up with a lot of buyers who go straight into an item not received claim without contacting you too.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

I guess one can say being ripped off in terms of service.

Unless I misunderstand the coloquialism.

image host
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:
Kopes we buy from China because Aussie retailers charge 200x more for the same stuff and often we can get the items from China for less than just the postage costs here.

With that in mind and the protection afforded to buyers I ask you why you wouldn't? Unless you're in a hurry for it to arrive.

Sure, however had we been more educated from the 1970's, Australia could have set itself up to being a supplier or middle quality items and either blowing Asian products out of the water or lifting their game by example.

We need to resist the temptation and realize it's not all about money, it's about where you invest in the future.

If I can buy a $2 item from China and it costs $15 here, I prefer to buy here and skip the two beers I was going to have on the weekend.

Makes more sense in the long run and I get pride from knowing I am making better decisions.

But it's difficult to get people to wake up if they are not accustomed to thinking of their actions.

Educating is the key.

image host
Message 10 of 19
Latest reply